There will be possible to import from nuke?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Tolaria

There will be possible to import from nuke?

Post by Tolaria » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:31 am

When Olympus will realeased, there will be a possibility to import database from php-nuke?
I ask this because at the moment I use php-nuke, but I would use a website without any Portal Sistem and with phpbb.

sorry for my bad English :oops:

bye :)

Quillz

Re: There will be possible to import from nuke?

Post by Quillz » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:00 am

I know phpBB is bundled with PHP-Nuke, but are there two seperate MySQL databases? If there are, it shouldn't be a problem updating to phpBB 3 once it's finally released.

Zanno

Post by Zanno » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:00 am

php-nuke will probably write their own converter

i wouldn't expect the phpbb devs to do it for them, seeing as far as i know they refuse to give support for php-nuke forums as it is anyway

Buzzman25

Post by Buzzman25 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:21 am

I just did the conversion from PHP-Nuke back to phpBB. Took a while, little bit of finicking with the database, but I was able to get it to 2.0.13 pretty easy. Good guide here on the phpBB 2.0.x site: Original Forum Post and This is what helped me out a lot!
- Buzz

sectionw

Post by sectionw » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:17 pm

Buzzman25 wrote: I just did the conversion from PHP-Nuke back to phpBB. Took a while, little bit of finicking with the database, but I was able to get it to 2.0.13 pretty easy. Good guide here on the phpBB 2.0.x site: Original Forum Post and This is what helped me out a lot!
Can you explain what is the diff with PhpNuke, of all the sites i have seen with nuke they seem quite slow.

Megahalo

Post by Megahalo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:18 am

Can anyone make an auto installer for PHP-Nuke Platinum? I dont think anyone will (Or at least it will take time for the creator) but it was worth asking.

Buzzman25

Post by Buzzman25 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:33 pm

sectionw wrote: Can you explain what is the diff with PhpNuke, of all the sites i have seen with nuke they seem quite slow.
PHP-Nuke is a CMS (Content Management System). Basically it changes your site into a customizable web page. You have a navigation bar somewhere on every page, and then cal alter everything else on the page to your satisfaction.

Basically it's a template driven web page that when you add content to it, you don't have to change anything, just add the content. I'm really hoping that phpBB comes out with their own CMS because phpBB = the win!
- Buzz

sectionw

Post by sectionw » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:51 pm

Thanks Buzzman, i appreciate it :)