Spelling mod?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
jsalk

Spelling mod?

Post by jsalk »

I frequenty use a site based on VBulletin and it has a spelling module that is very nice. Is there anything like this for phpBB?

- JIm
Natan

Re: Spelling mod?

Post by Natan »

There is a MOD over on the main phpBB site called Spelling Cow. They're switching servers now, so I can't give you the exact link.

Also there are spellcheck extensions available for firefox, or ieSpell for IE.
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
espenhh

Post by espenhh »

That URL was hard to guess! :D http://spellingcow.com/" target="_blank
Espen

(Huge thanks to the phpBB-developers!!!)

Need Norwegian support????
Natan

Post by Natan »

lol. I think there is an actual MOD that is designed specifically for phpBB. I was referring to the link to the MOD and its topic.
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
MHobbit

Post by MHobbit »

Spelling Cow is designed for anything... it just so happens to support phpBB "specifically" (or that's where it gets its most hits I imagine).
Former phpBB MOD Team Member - No support offered via IM, PM, or email
Natan

Post by Natan »

ok, I use the firefox extension, so I'm not familiar with the exact details. I was just offering it as an alternative.
jsalk

Post by jsalk »

Natan -

Thanks. I actually downloaded Spelling Cow just moments before I saw your reply.

Spelling cow has a login attached to it. So if there is an alternative for phpBB, I would certainly be interested as well.

But for now, Spelling Cow is the only one I have found.

Thanks again.

- Jim
thedrumchannell

Post by thedrumchannell »

This one is MUCH better than spelling cow and has no ads. You can test it on my site if you like.

http://www.master-technology.com/demos/spell/index.php" target="_blank

Brandon
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

Thedrumchannell
Prophecy Talk - World News & Bible Prophecy Information