in the meanwhile,2.0.13 is out...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DragonlordP

in the meanwhile,2.0.13 is out...

Post by DragonlordP »

check out http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more
Dunvallo

Re: in the meanwhile,2.0.13 is out...

Post by Dunvallo »

Just installed it! I'm happy that the phpBB devs obviously have quick reactions to new exploits surfacing and take everything serious, even stuff that might be taken lightly with a new version so close (at least the second one, path disclosure, sounds not very severe to me).
ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

It's been out for a week already..
DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

no,2.0.12 has been out for a week already..
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more
thedrumchannell

Post by thedrumchannell »

2.0.13 has been out since the 27th so they have released 2 version updates in a week. Pretty cool if you ask me but I still can't wait until version 3.0. My current forum I am not going to upgrade but I will use 3.0 for another site. Possibly another forum on the same site that I have now. Who knows -

Brandon
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

Thedrumchannell
Prophecy Talk - World News & Bible Prophecy Information
Yoda_IRC

Post by Yoda_IRC »

I'm not staff or anything but i strongly recommend upgrading to V2.0.13 if you got 2.0.12 because it has a MAJOR security fix, although the code required to fix it is only one charactert it is very important,

I think the only change (other than the path disclosure fix) is the change of == to === in one of the if statements, This may look like not much but === is type specific comparision, what i mean is it will only return true if both operands have the same type
5 == '5' - TRUE
5 === '5' - FALSE

i think it may be possible for anyone to gian admin access or something if you don't upgrade.
Its only one line and there are instructions on how to modify it manually at http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank

If any of this is incorrect please correct me
Last edited by Graham on Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected URL
jeffrosproto

Post by jeffrosproto »

Well, I have updated my board to 2.0.13 but am really looking forword to the release of 3.0.
3000dark

Post by 3000dark »

well im going to update my forum i have warned the users that i might have to purge the database so all i can do is just sit and wait :)
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in phpbb3/adm/index.php on line 160 an error if any 1 can tell me how to fix it in the phpbb3 code pm me