release date.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
the_dan

Re: release date.

Post by the_dan »

ussbennevis wrote: Shame :(
Not really.

ussbennevis

Post by ussbennevis »

why you say that?

Elarion

Post by Elarion »

Because if it is released it will be copied by "other" forum products and the impact on the coolness of it won't be what the devs are shooting for.

WyriHaximus

Post by WyriHaximus »

Elarion wrote: Because if it is released it will be copied by "other" forum products and the impact on the coolness of it won't be what the devs are shooting for.
They are totaly right about that there a lots of boards that copyed this.

Grtz,

WyriHaximus

ussbennevis

Post by ussbennevis »

i see.

Good point

But still ive never been good at the waiting game :)

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

You could answer this question with the standard Adobe answer...

2 weeks. :lol: (problem is, 2 weeks is like 6 months to 2 years)

SnowManrcd

Post by SnowManrcd »

Yea the waiting game sucks, but then again I don't want them rushing to get it finished by early march and we are stuck with crappy software, as much as I hate waiting I'd prefer waiting for kick ass software vs. getting buggy software now.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

phpBB 3.0 is sort of like sex and definitely falls in the category of "anything worth having is worth waiting for" ;)

WyriHaximus

Post by WyriHaximus »

cyberCrank wrote: phpBB 3.0 is sort of like sex and definitely falls in the category of "anything worth having is worth waiting for" ;)
We should do easy on it it's still not-touched :P .

Grtz,

WyriHaximus

alexro

Post by alexro »

I think that all this PHPBB 2.2/3.0 is just an experiment. It shows how many people are willing to follow a community dream, without any results. It started a few years ago and, since then, all people are waiting believing in some promises. Delay, delay, delay, a secret release date, and nothing more. Not even "hey, phpbb3.0 is 90% ready!", no, the secrecy cannot offer us not even a percent value updated daily.

If I saved 1$ for every day of waiting, until now I have had the necessary money to buy several licences for a commercial product. This is what I started to do a few weeks ago. For this I have to thank all developers and moderators of this board for the wait, because it really worth it ;) and for sure it will offer me a software in a matter of days.

Please, don't keep feeding the nice dreams of the users with the image of phpBB3.0 without a commitment that you can keep. There are just promises, promises, promises without any real base and value, don't make fool of those users who still hope for phpBB3.0 to appear. It's bad, and it's pitty to use hope just to keep some people around you.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.