A Few Questions...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Aldenhier

A Few Questions...

Post by Aldenhier »

I'm wondering if these features will be in 3.0:
Admin Only BBCode
Admin Only Smileys
BBCode In Topic Titles - Admin Only... neat little feature!
KevKEv

Re: A Few Questions...

Post by KevKEv »

Aldenhier wrote: I'm wondering if these features will be in 3.0:
Admin Only BBCode
Admin Only Smileys
How would you handle replies with quotes?
Nippoo

Post by Nippoo »

KevKev: The testing forum is a bit further down.

Aldenhier: I think, off the top of my head, that all apart from the last feature will be available. Download the CVS.
KevKEv

Post by KevKEv »

Nippoo wrote: KevKev: The testing forum is a bit further down.

Aldenhier: I think, off the top of my head, that all apart from the last feature will be available. Download the CVS.
It was a question rather than a test. I was asking how would you handle BBCodes and SMilies that are restricted to admin use in replies where they are quoted. How could you authorize their use there and if you didn't how would somebody be able to quote acurately?
Graham

Post by Graham »

3.0 will have custom BBCode to allow you to define your own, but as far as I know, none of what you ask about will appear.

Nippoo, please read the posts before you reply and stop trying to back-seat moderate :)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
Nippoo

Post by Nippoo »

Graham: Yeah, I just realized that it wasn't a test :D
Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

KevKEv wrote:
Nippoo wrote: KevKev: The testing forum is a bit further down.

It was a question rather than a test. I was asking how would you handle BBCodes and SMilies that are restricted to admin use in replies where they are quoted. How could you authorize their use there and if you didn't how would somebody be able to quote acurately?
I could get/make a mod that would take smileys and/or BBCode out of quotes, or I could install a mod that would keep users from quoting my (or another admin's) posts, or just stop quoting altogether for users.

-Aldenheir