phpBB Boards are getting attacked by a strange group

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Philly22

Re: phpBB Boards are getting attacked by a strange group

Post by Philly22 »

JPortal wrote: Paul isn't even American, is he? He's from the UK, right? :lol:
Don't really know him and the «american trash» thing was not the point, I was trying to make a point with it ;)

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

I was trying to make a point with it
And you failed.
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."

jongartman

Post by jongartman »

Philly22 wrote: It was racist because he blaimed a whole group of nations because of what one single hacker did.

oh ok. fyi, nationality != race.

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

I no longer wonder why we germans get "hit" by others just by saying that we love our country... :/

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

Ooookay, enough. Philly22, you need to check your attitude.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Philly22 ... I suggest you read what I wrote and not what you believe I wrote.

There are many nations (and corporates within those nations) on this Earth that take no action at all when presented with evidence proving persons on thier systems are responsible for illegal and/or damaging acts. China is one such nation, don't even bother contacting a service provider there, you'll get nowhere. Brazil is typically another, etc. etc.

Yes, the U.S. is responsible for more spam than any nation but you know what? You contact most U.S. providers about a problem user and they'll investigate and if appropriate take action.

At the end of the day no matter where these people are it's frequently pointless taking action unless you yourself are a corporate or have plenty of cash. The authorities even here in the UK rarely take action, not worth their time ... so it's no shock people continue abusing the privileges they are given.