happy about having february

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
puttyfly

happy about having february

Post by puttyfly »

Hello,

It's February and Phpbb 3.0 could be released at the end of month (as Beta 1) and i start counting the days.

No Stress for the developpers, continue working, even if we will wait some days more.

Keep going;-)

Brenflakes

Re: happy about having february

Post by Brenflakes »

what is the point of this post? All i can say is if i was a developer of phpbb, i'd be just cancelling everything because people cant be patient and understand that the developers have a life apart from phpbb, its not their fault if you dont. *rhe*

old blue

Post by old blue »

Brenflakes wrote: what is the point of this post? All i can say is if i was a developer of phpbb, i'd be just cancelling everything because people cant be patient and understand that the developers have a life apart from phpbb, its not their fault if you dont. *rhe*
I think you totally misread the initial post...chill out...and we should all be happy YOU are NOT a developer...

Graham

Post by Graham »

However, topics such as this don't really benefit anyone. psoTFX has deliberately not given a fixed date for the first Beta, just a target - so people saying it will be released by a particular point doesn't help since some people will read that and assume it to be fixed; it isn't.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Aelfinn

Post by Aelfinn »

I remember reading that the first beta would be released at the end of January or beginning of Febuary. Going by that I'm extremely excited to know that we'll probably see it some time this summer. Which means next winter (as long as the developers don't back the target date up further from now). :P :mrgreen:

puttyfly

Post by puttyfly »

Graham wrote: However, topics such as this don't really benefit anyone. psoTFX has deliberately not given a fixed date for the first Beta, just a target - so people saying it will be released by a particular point doesn't help since some people will read that and assume it to be fixed; it isn't.
a newer posting said : late february/early march

This posting is ca. a month old.

Anomalous

Post by Anomalous »

Woah woah woah...chill out, some of you seem really wound up! We're all meant to be helping each other out and can someone be blamed for the enthusiasm they show? I'm sure many of you have been so frustrated by past threads asking for release dates or in some way pressurising the developers...which is why you've grown to be so sensitive. Just let it go, getting all aggrivated will only fuel the fire! So please, just be a little more friendly. I've been reading around for a while on these forums, funny how this thread made me register.

Luciano

Post by Luciano »

Anomalous wrote: funny how this thread made me register.
*LOL* :mrgreen:

iotc247

Post by iotc247 »

puttyfly wrote: Phpbb 3.0 could be released at the end of month
See could be he didnt say when like he knew a release date... So dont get alll angry.

night.exe

Post by night.exe »

Wow... Can't people just accept things as they come? What's going to be different in 2.2 anyway?
I'm pro-PHP!