Will ACP be in templates?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
mastermike707

Re: Will ACP be in templates?

Post by mastermike707 »

I agree with psoTFX, the templating system for the ACP would do better to be non-existant. I also would like to bring something to your attention:
Currently the login page for the board is used for both the admin login and normal user login. This login page relies on the templating system, which, in turn for reasons discussed previously should not be implemented. If the admin cannot even enter the ACP, what good is the hard coded ACP? I propose a seperate 'emergency login' page located in the /adm directory. If the style on a template was screwed up to the point where pages would not load or function correctly, the user could still access the admin panel to change it.
Just an idea, not really hoping you guys yell at me and call it feature request, because it is more of a nesscity.
Hosting Geek

Post by Hosting Geek »

I agree... a backup login page must be provided.
Mr.Jester

Post by Mr.Jester »

Wow.. 5 month old Necro post.
Hosting Geek

Post by Hosting Geek »

New members do look through 2 years of post you know.