Just Wondering

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Akallen

Just Wondering

Post by Akallen »

I have recently switched to PHPBB from IPB, so I'm new to the whole how and whats of this forum software (which is great by the way). And well, I really didn't like the 2.0 version so, I'd try the 2.1.2 version to show how great this is but, I have noticed a problem that I probly wont get support for but I'd thoght I'd ask. In the Admin CP the "Manage Members" page has somehow disappeared 8O and also, I was wondering what I can do to get rid of the MySql error I get when adding groups. I know that chances are that I wont get support but, I wanned to ask/find out how to fix it. :D Cheers!

, Akallen

olger901

Re: Just Wondering

Post by olger901 »

If you can;t solve your probs use phpBB 2.0 that version is fully supported, or wait till phpBB 2.2 beta or RC gets released
-

BMWGuy

Post by BMWGuy »

mind you, PhpBB v2.2 is not yet finished. If it were finished, everything will work. We are not allowed to provide any support of v2.2 whatsoever, so you'd be better off either using v2.0.10 or just waiting until they release the first beta. :)
Think that the developers have secretly stopped working on PhpBB v2.2? Think again........see the latest progress HERE:

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

From reading your post, I gather you knew about the no support rule before you posted. Why did you do it anyway? You knew the rule and understood it yet you contravened it anyway to post...

Now this isn't an attempt at backseat moderating, I've just come from a day at work where many many people continuallygnored a big black sign inches from their hands and continued to ask for a service we couldn't provide. My position didn't allow me to be a *beep* to them and ask why they are so stupid but the worst that can happen here is that I'll be banned.

So yeah, why..?

Akallen

Post by Akallen »

I wasn't asking for support.....

I was simply asking for a quick fix, and if you read the post 2.0 isn't my current favorite, nither will it ever be after I have saw this marvel apon marvel of the 2.1.2...

grön

Post by grön »

They are working on a fix thats what developing is about, you prossed true the unfineshid development code (witch we cindly can take part of) to a finised product!
Don't mess around on this one!
Get Firefox and install the BBcode extension; then you are a real forum power user!
My reason for using phpBB is mrgreen
Peace-Love-Unity-STRENGTH

SamG

Post by SamG »

At this point in time there is no support of any kind available for phpBB 2.1, including "quick fix" type of support questions, since the product is still in active development and unfinished (as others have pointed out).

Support for 2.1/2.2 will start, I believe, with the release of the first beta.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood