Who ever said the developers don't listen?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
hasten

Who ever said the developers don't listen?

Post by hasten »

Who ever said the developers don't listen to users? ;)

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=580201" target="_blank

All you have to do is be polite, ask for a feature/change that has not already been listed/discussed (e.g. read the provided forum posts from developers), explain the reasoning and be willing to listen to the response and explaination from the developers.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. Read the SourceForge post. I got my request status changed to "Pending." It might not make it into the final phpBB 2.2 release, but hey, at least I got a reponse/consideration.

Roberdin

Re: Who ever said the developers don't listen?

Post by Roberdin »

Indeed, I had a similar response recently. :)
Rob

Wert

Post by Wert »

I agree that an option to print an entire thread (or a range of pages within a thread) would be very handy. Often folks on my forums want to print out a five or six page thread and it's would be a bit inconvenient to have to print each page separately. If the devs don't offfer such, I wouldn't be surprised if someone did it as a mod.

hasten

Post by hasten »

Wert wrote:I agree that an option to print an entire thread (or a range of pages within a thread) would be very handy. Often folks on my forums want to print out a five or six page thread and it's would be a bit inconvenient to have to print each page separately. If the devs don't offfer such, I wouldn't be surprised if someone did it as a mod.
With all due respect, Wert, I'm going to try and keep this discussion from turning into a feature / feature request discussion for fear of thread locking by the Mods. If, however, the developers choose not to include the option, I'll volunteer to write the MOD.

Nullius

Post by Nullius »

I think it sometimes CAN be handy, so why not include it ?
But I don't think people print out entire threads.
It's not such a lot of work for the developers I suppose, that's why they agreed to include the feature :)

I just can't wait for the beta :P
Greetzzz,
Nullius

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

I think there is a misunderstanding here ... pending doesn't mean something will be included, it means it may be included. If it's not included it'll either be closed (if it was borderline inappropriate for phpBB) or set open whereupon it may be included in 2.4.

Note, I'm not commenting on the specific suggestion raised here. These are general comments relating to the "pending" setting.

Wert

Post by Wert »

hasten wrote:
With all due respect, Wert, I'm going to try and keep this discussion from turning into a feature / feature request discussion for fear of thread locking by the Mods. If, however, the developers choose not to include the option, I'll volunteer to write the MOD.
It's not a feature request. I could care less if it's there by default. I was merely commenting on functionality and would be more than glad to install something like this as a mod.