Any news?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
GP4Flo

Any news?

Post by GP4Flo »

Any news about the current development stage? The beta forum already looks very good, so how many things are still to be done?

Note: I did NOT ask for a release date ;)

SamG

Re: Any news?

Post by SamG »

I gather (though I could be wrong) that the developers are somewhere in late milestone 3 or early milestone 4, but they have made no progress reports that I'm aware of.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

VaLUnTriAn

Post by VaLUnTriAn »

They did say that they hoped to have M3 done in December but that hasn't happened. I think they are probably in the late stages of M3.
VaLUnTriAn

metest12

Post by metest12 »

You can tell the milestone that phpBB is at by looking at the page footer.
phpBB wrote:Powered by phpBB 2.1.2 © 2002, 2003 phpBB Group
The last digit is the milestone. For example, in phpBB 2.1.x, x is the milestone. Right now its 2.1.2, and the last digit is 2, so Milestone 2 is completed. When M3 is done, it will be updated to 2.1.3.

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

metest12 wrote:You can tell the milestone that phpBB is at by looking at the page footer.
The last digit is the milestone. For example, in phpBB 2.1.x, x is the milestone. Right now its 2.1.2, and the last digit is 2, so Milestone 2 is completed. When M3 is done, it will be updated to 2.1.3.
Yeah, but when milestone 3 is complete, I hardly thing the first thing psoTFX will do is run the overall_footer.html and update that :roll:

DoD

Post by DoD »

Why not?

Yoshi 15

Post by Yoshi 15 »

sparkster wrote:
metest12 wrote:You can tell the milestone that phpBB is at by looking at the page footer.
Yeah, but when milestone 3 is complete, I hardly thing the first thing psoTFX will do is run the overall_footer.html and update that :roll:
no, hed update the database to change the version number.