almost usable cvs

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
dsstrainer

almost usable cvs

Post by dsstrainer »

understanding that this is only a CVS release, and not to talk about bugs, but id like to run a temporary working forum using 2.1.2

I know the admin email doesn't work, so i changed that in the database myself, but the biggest show stopper is that You can't add or delete forums. If anyone has tinkered around and figured it out, please PM me. I can add new forums till im blue in the face, but they dont show up in the forum index, nor can I delete the default category. just gets sql error. I think with this slight fix it would be a usable cvs.

Yoshi 15

Re: almost usable cvs

Post by Yoshi 15 »

FYI, there are no PM's on this board yet. And teh no support.

MarkS

Post by MarkS »

As stated by many staff members, the CVS has no guerentee of being useable...none at all. The developers will add new feautres and fix things when they feel the time is right. Besides, the CVS's aren't intended for being used for any other reason than personal testing.
Proud supporter of the phpBB Group!
No Support via E-Mail, MSN, or PM
phpBB v2.2
and the future begins now...

Wert

Post by Wert »

No support for CVS.

At all.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

Try downloading a new snapshot because the one I'm playing with now (downloaded yesterday) allows me to admin forums, permissions are broken though.

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

dsstrainer wrote:I can add new forums till im blue in the face, but they dont show up in the forum index, nor can I delete the default category. just gets sql error. I think with this slight fix it would be a usable cvs.
Did you set permissions for them? :roll:
Rob

DoD

Post by DoD »

dsstrainer wrote:understanding that this is only a CVS release, and not to talk about bugs
correct me if i'm wrong... but you asked to talk about bugs didnt you?

VaLUnTriAn

Post by VaLUnTriAn »

permissions work for me and I downloaded the CVS 2 days ago. make sure that you set them for EVERY forum and category that you add though otherwise you won't be able to see them.
VaLUnTriAn

xkevinx

Post by xkevinx »

Yoshi 15 wrote:FYI, there are no PM's on this board yet. And teh no support.
lol i just now realised that the pm system was gone lol never noticed that

sparkster

Post by sparkster »

<offtopic>
VaLUnTriAn wrote:permissions work for me and I downloaded the CVS 2 days ago. make sure that you set them for EVERY forum and category that you add though otherwise you won't be able to see them.
I got a new one with working permissions and profile fields too yesterday :D
</offtopic>