will schemas remain the same till final?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
tnt_

will schemas remain the same till final?

Post by tnt_ »

I'm wondering the table schemas of phpbb 2.2 will remain the same as their current incarnation cause I'm redesigning my website and I will be integrating 2.2 in it instead of 2.06. my problem is... will the database schema's remain the same?

psoTFX

Re: will schemas remain the same till final?

Post by psoTFX »

No

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Don't count on anything to stay the same. I've been following the development on an almost daily basis, and the schemas are changing sometimes twice a week. Wait until you see the 2.2 final release before you go designing around it.

metest12

Post by metest12 »

I am designing my site around it, too. I realize the schemas are constantly changing, but you can rely on some of the things now, like the Users Table and the like. But most of the time you won't be using any phpBB tables anyway, because phpBB's included files handle most of it. For example, the start session process:

Code: Select all

$user->start();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup();
All this is handled by sessions.php so you don't need to worry about schemas there. If you're using the Topics and Posts tables, most likely the field names won't change that already exist (remember most likely, I'm not certain). Anyway it's not a big deal to start developing around those, as you can change the field names later. However, stuff like the modules table, auth tables, groups tables, and config tables may be changing almost weekly, so I wouldn't mess with those yet.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

hello? I think it's safe to go with what I said ... I think I may have some idea what I'm talking about. It is not safe to assume anything at all at this stage.

D3V0N

Post by D3V0N »

True but we can always hope right? :)

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

D3V0N wrote:True but we can always hope right? :)
THERE IS NO HOPE!!!111oneone++;