Modding 2.2

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EcinPC

Modding 2.2

Post by EcinPC »

How can i leart to mod for 2.2. Links to resources would be helpful

Arty
Former Team Member

Re: Modding 2.2

Post by Arty »

Dude, there is no 2.2 version yet, so nothing to mod. When it will be ready then you can start learning how to mod it.

EcinPC

Post by EcinPC »

CyberAlien wrote:Dude, there is no 2.2 version yet, so nothing to mod. When it will be ready then you can start learning how to mod it.
I know there's no 2.2 but 2.1 is 2.2 code the 2.2 meaning a stable release.

Graham

Post by Graham »

Ummm, you'd MOD it in the same way as 2.0.x strangely enough, hence you can use those resources. However, I'm not sure I see the point as yet as the code changes on a regular basis.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

EcinPC

Post by EcinPC »

Graham wrote:Ummm, you'd MOD it in the same way as 2.0.x strangely enough, hence you can use those resources. However, I'm not sure I see the point as yet as the code changes on a regular basis.
Can you link me to what i Need to know to mod.

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

EcinPC wrote:Can you link me to what i Need to know to mod.
Sure. http://www.php.net/manual/en" target="_blank

EcinPC

Post by EcinPC »

CyberAlien wrote:
EcinPC wrote:Can you link me to what i Need to know to mod.
Sure. http://www.php.net/manual/en
" target="_blank

ahh looks big, I think i'll opt for a hard copy, I've been wanting to leard php for a while.

metest12

Post by metest12 »

Hard copy? the online manual is much better. For example, if I'm looking through code and I see the function array_pop() being used, I don't need to look in a big fat index. I just go to http://www.php.net/array_pop and boom, I have the writeup on it.

EcinPC

Post by EcinPC »

metest12 wrote:Hard copy? the online manual is much better. For example, if I'm looking through code and I see the function array_pop() being used, I don't need to look in a big fat index. I just go to http://www.php.net/array_pop and boom, I have the writeup on it.
Okay I'll start saturday hopefully after I finish this chem test that's coming up.

Aelfinn

Post by Aelfinn »

I've been interested in learning PHP and MySQL for a while....bought a book nearly a year ago but haven't really dug deeply into it as of yet.

But since phpbb uses both PHP and MySQL you may be interested in PHP and MySQL Web Development - Second Edition.

I wish I didn't have such a learning curve to tackle so I could "add to" or modify phpbb with little effort. But I hope by the time phpBB2.2 is released I'll know enough to make the modifications I desire for my own site with phpbb's newest version.

I'm lucky though, I'm quite familiar with C, though I haven't programmed in ages, and PHP seems to be a lot like it.