I wanna translate

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Vic D'Elfant

Re: I wanna translate

Post by Vic D'Elfant »

Flrs wrote:I will help translate dutch language packs...
I want to help too! :D Why don't we split the files that need to be translated into three equal pieces, and let each of us translate one piece? ;)

But as you said Talrias, I think it would be better to wait till the english language pack is complete.

Regards,
Vic
geocator

Post by geocator »

I would also point all of you to the following post by Acyd Burn one of the developers:

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

That post would be: " target="_blank
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Ancica

Post by Ancica »

Acyd Burn wrote:I just want to note that the translator(s) responsible for the 2.0.x translations are doing the 2.2.x translations too (as far as they are available).

Regarding the german translation... philipp already said he will make the one for 2.2.x too.
Acyd Burn wrote:We are only accepting translations from "official" (bad word) translators. You are able to contact them and work together, of course. You are able to distribute your language packs too of course.

You will find the list of translators at http://www.phpbb.com.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:That post would be:http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/
Sorry, I guess the make_clickable function is currently out of order. Should have previewed my post.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Flrs

Post by Flrs »

Vic D'Elfant wrote:
Flrs wrote:I will help translate dutch language packs...
I want to help too! :D Why don't we split the files that need to be translated into three equal pieces, and let each of us translate one piece? ;)

But as you said Talrias, I think it would be better to wait till the english language pack is complete.

Regards,
Vic
Okeej... that's a good idea just to form a whole group...
I have an offer of JantjeP he also wants to translate...
And if Blokker_1999 also joins we can make the best translation for phpbb posible.

I will send a PM to all about this post and we can discuss on this board.

Grtz,

Flrs
JantjeP

Post by JantjeP »

Dutchies,

My plan was to beta-test with all the Dutch language files.
When the final versions are ready, the two english verions (old and new) can be compared in MS Word. All the differences are visible then, so we know what we have to change.

If you want to join now, I will give you moderator permissions to change all the english files I posted on http://phpbb.webforums.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=6" target="_blank

Alegis joined already.

Jan
TheFella

Post by TheFella »

I can translate it into Northern Irish if needs be :D :P
The Fella - I rock
The Fella Goes Arctic | LoonyAsylum