PHPBB plus

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Peter M Dodge

Re: PHPBB plus

Post by Peter M Dodge »

Yeah, of a thousand different mods, I only have two on my board.

soxie

Post by soxie »

I have zero :D
brian.
http://itsbrian.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

Rider

Post by Rider »

i also have very few mods on my board too!
NightRider of DragonCREW
*Time Ends All Things*
DragonCrew

Cartman

Post by Cartman »

soxie wrote:I have zero :D
Not even quickreply?!?
Hey, you're missing out, Lazy man. :D

GP4Flo

Post by GP4Flo »

I'm running a PHPBB2 board with some changes made by me.

[This isn't a place to plug your forum link]

It's incredible fast (thanks to the caching mod) and offers a lot of nice features, like Attatchments, Quick Reply, improved banning and warning system, screenshots, statistics and so on.

[Mod edit: Link removed - SHS` (loves post level locking ^_^)]

Obi_Wan

Post by Obi_Wan »

I tried once phpBB Plus because someone said I should use it because it's better than the normal one.

Ok installed it but then I had to get new styles for phpbb plus and my database want over 5 MB :-/

The mods were quite nice but I found only 3 usefull so I took the original phpbb again and built in some mods I really needed.
May /dev/null be with you!

Peter M Dodge

Post by Peter M Dodge »

Actually I lied, I have three: the stats mod, the caching mod, and the mod to show the name of the topic last posted to.

barshemm

Post by barshemm »

Running into speed problems was why I stopped work on the barshemmportal project. When I got deep into it, I realized I was going to have to make large changes to both the database structure and many of the functions in order to not page display speed and also to avoid keeping the database from moving to an unmanageable mess.

Then I started looking at all the features planned for 2.2 and decided I'd wait until it was done and work off of that, as most of the changes I wanted to make were already going to be incorporated into this version.