Album function?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Virtuality

Album function?

Post by Virtuality »

I cant find the Feature Request page so I just say it here.

Will the php2.2 have a album feature?
Asking me, thats a very important feature and maby I will stick to 2.0.4 if that isnt included lol, because I really need it.

so, what do you think?
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."
psoTFX

Re: Album function?

Post by psoTFX »

album? you mean images? We've got attachments and the possibility of using admin defineable fields but that's it ... we're a forum, not a gallery ;)
Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Yeah you got a point there lol :P

Lets hope the guy that has done the album for 2.0.4 also will do one for 2.2

You must know what I mean with the album, or?
Many phpBB boards, uses it.
You can see it on
carlssonplanet.com/phpBB2
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."
dhn

Post by dhn »

Virtuality, Gallery, the open source project that is used for this mod is also developing a new version (Gallery2). I bet that it will be very easy to combine both again.
smiley

Post by smiley »

Your "album" feature is a mod, and the phpBB group is not responsible, neither do they know whether the author will release one for 2.2
water

Post by water »

i'm sure coppermine will be updateded aswell : http://www.chezgreg.net/coppermine/" target="_blank

:water
DMartin

Post by DMartin »

I created a photo album mod on my forum site. I'm already trying to think of ways to do this easier in 2.2. I am sure that with the admin definable fields and the attachment feature, this is going to be much easier to do than it was for 2.0.x -- but I guess it really depends on your purpose and preferences for your album.

I'm hoping with the new features, I'll be able to have the photo album as part of each user's profile by using the admin definable fields. It will be much easier to limit how many photos a user is able to upload, and if events are implemented, it will be possible to automatically disallow photo uploads to new users - and allow them after a user has been a member for a certain length of time, or posted a certain number of times. I had a lot of people register at my site just to try out the photo album - which I did not encourage. (It is a public site, but has a specific target audience)

Anyway - can hardly wait for the new version to be ready - I know it's going to be awesome!
DeAnne Martin