Modifying the jumpbox.html

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Dragosvr92

Modifying the jumpbox.html

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Well.. i never liked the way the jumpbox appears at the bottom of the pages, as it has all those spaces etc..
I think it looks alot better the way i did it back in 2009 over my forums.

Find:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN jumpbox_forums -->
				<!-- IF jumpbox_forums.S_FORUM_COUNT == 1 --><option value="-1">------------------</option><!-- ENDIF -->
				<option value="{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_ID}"{jumpbox_forums.SELECTED}><!-- BEGIN level -->&nbsp; &nbsp;<!-- END level -->{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_NAME}</option>
			<!-- END jumpbox_forums -->
Replace with:

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN jumpbox_forums -->
				<!-- IF jumpbox_forums.S_FORUM_COUNT == 1 --><option value="-1"> | </option><!-- ENDIF -->
				<option value="{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_ID}"{jumpbox_forums.SELECTED}><!-- BEGIN level -->|&nbsp; &nbsp;<!-- END level -->|&mdash;{jumpbox_forums.FORUM_NAME}</option>
			<!-- END jumpbox_forums -->
Demo (Look on bottom right )
Previous user: TheKiller

Dragosvr92

Re: Modifying the jumpbox.html

Post by Dragosvr92 »

30 views and no reply =(
Does at least one person agree that i should submit the improvement to the Tracker?
:?:
Previous user: TheKiller

Ger

Post by Ger »

To be honest, I like it the way it is now. I think it's a bit personal; A likes this, B likes that. I don't see a reason to change de default, let's just leave it in the capable hands of style authors to make their descision.
Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Ger wrote:To be honest, I like it the way it is now. I think it's a bit personal; A likes this, B likes that. I don't see a reason to change de default, let's just leave it in the capable hands of style authors to make their descision.
+1
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog