Change Category Color based on Group Admin

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
jimburns

Change Category Color based on Group Admin

Post by jimburns »

Hey all... very new to phpBB and I've looked around some trying to get my head on some of the internals but I would like to simply change the row color (via the class, originally "cat") for some categories of forums that only admins should be able to view, to help set apart what forums are not visible to normal users of the board. My attention is currently on forumlist_body.html, lines 12-16,

Code: Select all

<!-- IF forumrow.S_IS_CAT -->
    <tr>
      <td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4><a href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a></h4></td>
      <td class="catdiv" colspan="3">&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
But I don't know anything about the internals of phpbb yet and I have no idea how or where to properly ask the question, "is this an admin only forum?" If the forums are indexed, all my admin forums (and categories) are at the top of my board index, thus something like,

if forum index < first_non-admin_forum_index, then.....color as admin forum
else, consider normal forum

But not yet understanding the templating macro language I don't yet follow where such constructs as forumrow.S_IS_LINK or forumrow.U_UNAPPROVED_TOPICS come from yet alone really mean.

Surely someones consider this before, anyone have any quick answers. My forums in question are simply set to be viewable only by administrators, so admins have a private set of forums to discuss administration issues and I'd like the header rows (category name/row) to stand out to visually separate them from the view other users have of the board index.

Many thanks in advance,

/jim