Noob question: page_header and $template

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
pek

Noob question: page_header and $template

Post by pek »

A quick question regarding the way phpbb handles templates (not sure if this is the right place, sorry for any inconvenience).

Why is there a function called page_header in functions.php that process various information before calling the template class to display it? Why isn't page_header a method of template class?

I'm not suggesting to do this, I simply don't understand and would like to know.

Thank you in advance.
Panagiotis.

igorw

Re: Noob question: page_header and $template

Post by igorw »

page_header() doesn't have anything to do with the template system itself. The template system is mostly standalone. page_header() has some calls to the template class, but it's phpBB3 related, not template related.

Draco02

Post by Draco02 »

I'm not sure if it's me, or prosilver is the benevolent favorite of phpbb(3). It is the only style that I can get theme code to work in. In fact, after using a seperate style with prosilver's theme copy and pasted (and the name changed), I still cannot get things such as {T_IMAGESET_LANG_PATH} or the buttons src, {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_SRC}, to parse correctly in the cache. In the cache directory, the css template still shows those variables, rather in the prosilver template they output to their respected values.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

It's probably something you've done incorrectly with one of the config files or something else as there are many templates for phpBB 3.0.x that are not called prosilver. You should probably take a look at the Style Creation guide and visit the Styles Support and Discussion forum if you have any further questions (If 3.1.x then it would be here).