My Take on Theme caching

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
JDisblank

My Take on Theme caching

Post by JDisblank »

I'm not sure if it's me, or prosilver is the benevolent favorite of phpbb(3). It is the only style that I can get theme code to work in. In fact, after using a seperate style with prosilver's theme copy and pasted (and the name changed), I still cannot get things such as {T_IMAGESET_LANG_PATH} or the buttons src, {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_SRC}, to parse correctly in the cache. In the cache directory, the css template still shows those variables, rather in the prosilver template they output to their respected values.

This has thrown me for a loop. I have tried various combinations of "store style sheet in" and the value of parse_css_file. The little dude in my head tells me parse_css_files should be set to true, and then that requires the "store style sheet" to be set to "database", as it should be. Browsing through the cache, I find

Code: Select all

$data = array (
  'name' => 'theme-name',
  'copyright' => '© JD, 2008',
  'version' => '3.0.1',
  'parse_css_file' => true,
  'filetime' => 1214363781,
);
(PLUS in the database, theme_storedb has a value of 1.)

So I know parse_css_file is being parsed, yet none of the values in the theme are being parsed, since in the output, firebug tells me the background value of various spans for buttons is still {IMG_BUTTON_TOPIC_REPLY_SRC}. SO I try purging the cache on general tab in the acp, I try deleting /cache manually and I try deleting/reinstalling the style and its components (this is after many refreshes of theme/imageset/template, too). STILL, I cannot get those silly little values in the css to correctly output anything. Which brings me back to my first sentence, is this me? Am I going bananas, or is this an outstanding feature of phpbb that has eluded no one but I?

At this point anything you could give/direct me to would be highly appreciated.

JDisblank

Re: My Take on Theme caching

Post by JDisblank »

I scoff at 6 hours... Bump.

Prince of area51

Re: My Take on Theme caching

Post by Prince of area51 »

This forum's description clearly says (emphasis added by me):
All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release;
advice, feedback here please.
The route to troubleshooting starts by looking at the right place. Let me help you with the first step.
Try posting it actually at the Styles forum: [3.0.x] Styles Development & Discussion