BG image in posts

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Mobious

BG image in posts

Post by Mobious »

I posted on this already on the main phpBB 3.0 styles forum, but 100 views later, and only one responce, from CyberAlien... I figured I might try my luck here since some people are still browsing this forum, and I hate bumping things.

I'm trying to add a BG image to posts. Just like you have the alternating shades of blue right now for odd and even posts, I want to add a BG image to that. The problem is when a user is logged in, the Online status image becomes the BG of the entire post (to prove this, find a post made by someone logged in and right click anywhere on it and select save BG as...)

And I dont want to get rid of the Online image, because I like it. So I'm pretty sure I just need to move it. But I'm not sure where to move it, or what code I need to change/add to do so.

My original thread with some screenshots and longer attempts at explaining the issue is here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=546477

I cant believe no one is replying to it, or has run into the problem themselfs. In phpBB2 I would always add gradiants and such to posts... it amazes me that its such a hastle to do it now (and a hastle that no one else seems to have an issue with)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SpiritLioness

Re: BG image in posts

Post by SpiritLioness »

Try changing the class of the post backgrounds and add a new class to the CSS. That way you can keep the online users background while changing the post backgrounds.

Mobious

Re: BG image in posts

Post by Mobious »

Thanks for the reply.

Thats pretty much what CyberAlien said, but I'm not really sure how to do that...