"Using" the style of phpbb.com

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
bjongen

"Using" the style of phpbb.com

Post by bjongen »

Hello everybody;

Been working on a site based on phpbb3 some time now. With the release of Prosilver on phpbb.com I was really amazed. After downloading the CVS with the "public" version of Prosilver I was a bit “disappointed”; the style is still wonderful, but not as great as the one used on phpbb.com. Therefore I started working on a look very much “Inspired” on phpbb.com (in fact, I started with a copy which I am modifying now). For me this is just a test case to learn more about css/html/php but I am liking the result till now very much. Therefore I am wondering if there is any copyright on the design of phpbb.com. I know the images used in the header are copyrighted, and of course I won’t use them, but how about the rest ? Anybody else experience with this ? Thanks, regards, Bart

SHS`

Re: "Using" the style of phpbb.com

Post by SHS` »

Whilst imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, any ripping of the copyrighted phpBB.com style will very likely earn you a terse cease & desist letter/email. It's HTML & CSS... be a bit more creative! Hint: http://www.csszengarden.com/
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way