New theme

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Prince of area51

Re: New theme

Post by Prince of area51 »

WOW .. nice work DoubleJ .. now dats wat u call a Stylist ;) **Bow to the GOD of styling**

Awesome man .. :mrgreen:

jumborex

Post by jumborex »

Acyd Burn wrote: Hello,
We are pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB3 Beta5 package. This fifth beta release marks the nearing end of the beta testing phase. The next release we anticipate will be Release Candidate 1.
[...]

Well: we have all tryed to say some intelligent anticipation about the new style. But now I'm really curious: really some people exist working upon this new style? This style so new that also the name cannot be pronounced!
Some anticipation please: I cannot stand it more... 8O :oops:
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

jumborex wrote:
Acyd Burn wrote: Hello,
We are pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB3 Beta5 package. This fifth beta release marks the nearing end of the beta testing phase. The next release we anticipate will be Release Candidate 1.
[...]

Well: we have all tryed to say some intelligent anticipation about the new style. But now I'm really curious: really some people exist working upon this new style? This style so new that also the name cannot be pronounced!
Some anticipation please: I cannot stand it more... 8O :oops:

SHS said all the devs are using the new style instead of subSilver, so they are working on it and it's in as good of working order as subSilver.
The name is not to hard to pronounce… we just don't know what it is yet ;)

Some anticipation please? we are already anticipating it :)
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

jumborex

Post by jumborex »

Highway of Life wrote: It's just a big conspiracy to test the virtue of patience for selected members of phpBB... [...]

Right! A big conspiracy ! :P
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

well… if you really can't wait, here's a link so you can see what the new style looks like
viewtopic.php?p=173928#p173928

Please don't tell anyone… it's a secret.
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Handyman wrote: well… if you really can't wait, here's a link so you can see what the new style looks like
viewtopic.php?p=173928#p173928

Please don't tell anyone… it's a secret.

:P

GAMER4EVER

Post by GAMER4EVER »

Seems like a lot of people here use Macs, including theme-god DoubleJ... further proof that only intelegent people use Macs! =P

Larmo

Post by Larmo »

Looks great... but why would you spend so much time customizing the ACP? Aren't you the only one that will ever truly see it?

I may be confused. I used to eat paint chips. :D

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

GAMER4EVER wrote: Seems like a lot of people here use Macs, including theme-god DoubleJ... further proof that only intelegent people use Macs! =P

Eeerh, what exactly makes you conclude that I use a mac.
I am a 'gamer' so the last pc I will buy is a MAC because most games are only on the Windows system.
Looks great... but why would you spend so much time customizing the ACP? Aren't you the only one that will ever truly see it?

I may be confused. I used to eat paint chips.

I did not really like the ACP styles, and yes I am the only one who will be viewing, hence it is not crossbrowser compatible.
But I like it when everything is in the same theme :-) (that includes the ACP, as I have to look at it.)
DoubleJ - Blah

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

DoubleJ wrote:
GAMER4EVER wrote: Seems like a lot of people here use Macs, including theme-god DoubleJ... further proof that only intelegent people use Macs! =P

Eeerh, what exactly makes you conclude that I use a mac.
I am a 'gamer' so the last pc I will buy is a MAC because most games are only on the Windows system.

I may be confused. I used to eat paint chips.

I did not really like the ACP styles, and yes I am the only one who will be viewing, hence it is not crossbrowser compatible.
But I like it when everything is in the same theme :-) (that includes the ACP, as I have to look at it.)

Sounds like you need a MacPro or an MacBook Pro… can run Windows and Mac :)
best of both worlds :P