New theme

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Prince of area51

Re: New theme

Post by Prince of area51 »

shoes22 wrote: Well I guess this ensures that the new style won't look too dramatically different from subSilver...because it looks like the template files will be similar. Which is a disappointment actually because I was hoping for something completely new and fresh :) But ah well, I still have faith in the design team 8)

We are using divs and classes for styling .. extensive CSS .. the secret style could be dramatically different (zen gardens for example ;) )

Nicolas Fraga

Post by Nicolas Fraga »

uhm....

I'm think in....

keyGold

:mrgreen:
The Best Regards, Nicolas Fraga

My Styles and mods | My Portfolio | My Downloads

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

Prince of area51 wrote:
shoes22 wrote: Well I guess this ensures that the new style won't look too dramatically different from subSilver...because it looks like the template files will be similar. Which is a disappointment actually because I was hoping for something completely new and fresh :) But ah well, I still have faith in the design team 8)

We are using divs and classes for styling .. extensive CSS .. the secret style could be dramatically different (zen gardens for example ;) )

If the zengarden example would be the case then that would be great right -> if you see what you can accomplish with that simple site who knows what you could come up with for this new style....
DoubleJ - Blah

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

DoubleJ wrote: If the zengarden example would be the case then that would be great right -> if you see what you can accomplish with that simple site who knows what you could come up with for this new style....

Thats one main reason I like olympus, I mean imagine what can be accomplished using StyleSheets .. imagination is the limit .. I really do hope stylists will develop some incredible designs ;) (as I aint a stylist myself :( )

hater

Post by hater »

Am I allowed to show off what I did? :?:
(If not, delete me, scold me, hurt me baby hurt me :P )

http://www.delsolownersclub.com

Basically modified the admin style to fit in the forum. Added some switches to help define some things... More of just a trial run than anything...

I already know blah blah live environment blah blah... The way I see it I've been around with phpbb2 and 3 for enough years to perform any upgrades as necessary... It's just data, it's not a living breathing child... I'm taking my chances and whatever... Not looking for support, just trying to be helpful.

Freelance

Post by Freelance »

That looks very good. Thumbs Up!
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]

Smokeydogg

Post by Smokeydogg »

damn phpbb1 looks nothing like 2

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Holy!! hater, wow!!
That's awesome! :D

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

hater wrote: Basically modified the admin style to fit in the forum. Added some switches to help define some things... More of just a trial run than anything...

That definately looks really cool! :D

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

hater wrote: Am I allowed to show off what I did? :?:
(If not, delete me, scold me, hurt me baby hurt me :P )

http://www.delsolownersclub.com

Basically modified the admin style to fit in the forum. Added some switches to help define some things... More of just a trial run than anything...

Àlthough the administration panel will not be stylable, it is quite easy to create a completily different look for the ACP, without touching the html files:

I just could not stop myself, from restyling the current ACP:
Attachments
ACP_forums.jpg
(156.16 KiB) Downloaded 1265 times
ACP_main.jpg
(241.24 KiB) Downloaded 1256 times
DoubleJ - Blah