Signature

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
rockforum

Signature

Post by rockforum »

How can i make that signature always stay at the bottom of post ant not in the middle like it somtimes do?? :S

d3v1lish

Re: Signature

Post by d3v1lish »

What do you mean? Signatures always stay at the bottom of post. Could you post a screenshot of one being in the middle.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

viewtopic.php?p=157290#p157290

Notice how spambot's sig is floating half way up the box, rather than clinging to the bottom. That is what is being referred to.

How to fix it? There is no support for modifications, including styling, at this time, sorry.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

trebla

Post by trebla »

well, it's also the case with phpBB2.
take a look around in phpBB2 forums, if poster has an avatar and post length is only one-two lines, the signature moves up in the cell. if the post is long enough to start moving the stuff upwards in the Author cell, the signature remains in the bottom. I doubt that the sig could be bottom aligned in the same cell where everything else is top aligned.
most likely we need to live with it.

EDIT: just looked at my post and the other thing are the report (and delete) buttons which seem to be added to the end of the post right aligned.
having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

actually, i think its just the way he made the sig, phpBB could run trim() around the signature to fix it before returns are converted to <br />'s or trim($signature, '<br />'), but there are some better ways with preg_replace to do it too
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one