Flash Template?

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
mastermike707

Flash Template?

Post by mastermike707 »

2 Questions:
Uno(1): Will the new style that is being developed, use any flash? just wondering...

Dos(2): Could you make a template that passes the variables to .swf files and then displays it on the page. Think how much more interactive and easy to use you could make it.
Magnotta

Re: Flash Template?

Post by Magnotta »

Question dos: There is a way to get php to work with flash, and I believe it's being developed ways for mysql and php to work with flash. Do a google search, as I know I saw this somewhere.
q3utom

Post by q3utom »

It is possible. Hotscripts had one covering flash and php/mysql

However it would take a long time to convert and the problem with swf files they can be large if your adding a lot of content.
mastermike707

Post by mastermike707 »

It only loads the swf once, the content is retreived every time.
Right? I am sure that you can do it that way...
Luk4ward

Post by Luk4ward »

JDisblank

Post by JDisblank »

google 'flash cms' some guys have already made flash sites like that with full seo. Would just be plain annoying to implement it into phpbb; it would be easier to start from scratch.

As for being heavy on bandwidth, it'll actually end up being just a tad bit more than html. You pass through the text and anything you want to display with flashvars. The text is loaded in the main page, while everything graphical is in the flash. BUT if you can't figure out a way to strip everything you don't need for regular html, than the page size will be huge.