Please use <label for="xy"> in the Templates

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
iGEL

Please use <label for="xy"> in the Templates

Post by iGEL »

Hi!

HTML 4.0 has intereduced a rarly used feature, which I consider to be very useful. Only one professional pages like Google or Wikipedia I have seen it so far. It allows users to click on label for an input field instead of the input field, especially for checkboxes and radio buttons this is very useful.

Example:
<td><input type="checkbox" name="disable_bbcode" id="disable_bbcode" /></td>
<td class="gen"><label for="disable_bbcode">Disable BBCode</label></td>

Now the user can click on the Text "Disable BBCode" instead of aiming for the tiny checkbox. Try it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... rnto=PhpBB" target="_blank

I know, you will write something like "you can modify that very easily in your template", but that is only true for my board (where I will edit the template for sure! ;)), but I visit other phpBB boards, too. So do me the favor and implement that tiny feature for 3.0. :)

It will also help screen readers for visually impaired people. Thanks!

iGEL
OddDuck

Re: Please use <label for="xy"> in the Templ

Post by OddDuck »

I agree. For those that are visually impaired, this is not a "tiny feature", but a godsend. I for one hope the developers take the little time required to add this great feature.
phpBB phpBB phpBB phpBB
JacenSolo

Post by JacenSolo »

I think its a good idea.

Im use to clicking on the label in Windows Apps, yet one most web pages.... i cant.
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

We have very very clearly stated a new style will appear for 3.0 ...
dhn

Post by dhn »

psoTFX wrote: We have very very clearly stated a new style will appear for 3.0 ...
and there will be so many labels that you'll be able to rub yourself naked in them.
hasten

Post by hasten »

dhn wrote:
psoTFX wrote: We have very very clearly stated a new style will appear for 3.0 ...
and there will be so many labels that you'll be able to rub yourself naked in them.
Sweet. Oww, it chafes! No, serious, that'll really help the usability of the new style.