Chronicles Skin for 2.2!!

All style (template, theme and imageset) related questions for the new release; advice, feedback here please.
Arty
Former Team Member

Re: Chronicles Skin for 2.2!!

Post by Arty »

> Wouldn't the naming issues be more pertinent to trademark law?

Whatever. If you would try to use Kail's template name to create own template your new template will get immediately blocked on all phpbb-related websites.
Kail

Post by Kail »

Well, the name isn't a registered trademark and registering it would just be pointless as I've never intended to sell Chronicles.

I'm not law expert, but stealing the name wouldn't be nice. I don't like people that aren't nice. :D
Styles/template designer
Former phpBB Team member
http://www.phpbb-se.com" target="_blank - phpBB på svenska!
Klors

Post by Klors »

Kail wrote:I'm not law expert, but stealing the name wouldn't be nice. I don't like people that aren't nice. :D
You see, i think that would be a far better law to have. :)
DoD

Post by DoD »

i dont get it though...

if its not registered TM then whats to stop people from using it?
Kail

Post by Kail »

Copyright, to an extent. This is not my area, I'm no intellectual propert expert, but I dare say: don't attempt it, or I'll be hunting you down and I'll call in my lawyer buddies!

But that shouldn't be necessary, all it takes it some respect on your part and my firm belief that any phpBB community website with an ounce of credibility will not distribute any "unofficial" versions of my templates.

Do things have to be written in the law to be respected? Fact is, if you follow the law blindly, never thinking of its purpose, you might as well have no morals at all.
Styles/template designer
Former phpBB Team member
http://www.phpbb-se.com" target="_blank - phpBB på svenska!
BigGator5

Post by BigGator5 »

Kail wrote:Chronicles will be patched for 2.2.

Remember that any release of Chronicles for 2.2 which do not bear my signature may not be called Chronicles. Sorry, copyright laws people. ;) But I've always allowed modifications to be made.
Is there anyway that you can make an email list for Chronicles 2.2?
My phpBB 2.0.4 message board: CG FanFiction Forums

"There are worse things out there than reptiles." -BigGator5 of House Sinister
DoD

Post by DoD »

MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!!

Please, dont post in green. I cant see what your trying to say, and it will only get you onto people's ban lists.

The colour is just for... this is green
BigGator5

Re: Chronicles 2.2!!

Post by BigGator5 »

DoD wrote:MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!!

Please, dont post in green. I cant see what your trying to say, and it will only get you onto people's ban lists.

The colour is just for... this is green
:( Don't worry. The people here have already made it clear to me they don't like color posts. I don't understand, but oh well.

Anyway, I still would like to have Chronicles v2.2 when it and the phpBB2.2 comes out, so here's my email address: biggator5@earthlink.net
My phpBB 2.0.4 message board: CG FanFiction Forums

"There are worse things out there than reptiles." -BigGator5 of House Sinister
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

You don't understand why people dislike "dayglo green" on blue-grey? :D For starters it's very difficult to read on any normal, half decently setup monitor. Secondly there is just no need for it, your post is no more understanble in green as it is in black. Equally it doesn't garner any greater "attention" because it's an alternative colour (aside, as you've noticed(!), annoyance it causes).
DoD

Post by DoD »

Well, one reason is that you cant see it, and it also doesnt follow the default colour of the page... so when i type in white you cant see it. Just leaving it as it is just helps everyone.