START HERE - EasyMOD Compliance Standards

This is a temporary forum setup for the purpose of discussing the EMC standards
A MOD's Enemy

Re: START HERE - EasyMOD Compliance Standards

Post by A MOD's Enemy »

And more information on that will be given out when the MOD Team starts using those standards, right?

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

A MOD's Enemy wrote: And more information on that will be given out when the MOD Team starts using those standards, right?
I sure hope all of the information about this will be avaliable/out at that time.
Eric

kkroo

Post by kkroo »

this is driving me CRAZY when i come to test my MOD to see if it works with EasyMOD, it gives me this error:

Critical Error

Could not perform improperly formed COPY command.
link.php to link.php
MOD script line #50 :: FAQ :: Report

Here is the copy part of the MOD.

#
#-----[COPY]------------------------------------------
#

link.php to link.php
templates/link_frameset.tpl to templates/link_frameset.tpl
templates/subSilver/pane_top.tpl to templates/subSilver/pane_top.tpl

it looks perfectly fine to me, it even passed the validator!

plz help out!

markus_petrux

Post by markus_petrux »

Please, use the proper forum for support request. ;)

Those copy commands, as the error message state, are malformed. You might want to take a look at this:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=39" target="_blank

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

It's 2007, coming up on 4 years after these standards were first created and they still haven't been finished... Is this seeming like a pipedream to anyone else?

Furthermore, phpBB.com Mod Team is still refusing mods with the EMC stamp, even if mods abide by all the guidelines given so far and don't clash with other mods, etc. It seems odd that it would take so long to approve a set of standards and more importantly, allow the use of the EMC stamp which makes it much easier on users of EM to know which mods will install properly and which won't.

For example, before I did add the EMC stamp to my mods, I had numerous people asking me if this would install with EMC. I assume, because so many authors are adding it themselves, people who use EM now assume if something isn't stamped with EMC it isn't able to be installed by EM at all...

Nux

Post by Nux »

I think the main issue here is that EM is not really released yet (still BETA). If people keep asking you if your MOD is installable with EasyMOD, then you can simply write that you tested and installed the MOD with EM.

I think that new EM will be ready after some time and probably after releasing phpBB3 and improving MODX. That is of course if wGEric, markus_petrux or other developers will not be working for some real money by then ;).

Greets from being busy :|

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

I think you missed the point... I don't want people asking me if my mod is EMC. :P
I provide enough support to people not reading instructions already supplied with the mods to have to also deal with heaps of extra people asking if it can be used with EMC.

I guess the same issue with EM and phpBB3 exist... Both have been "under development" for over 4 years, which is very trying on the community. But I think it's worse for authors who have been waiting for 4 years for these standards.