Haven't found this problem elsewhere....

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Spiritdream

Haven't found this problem elsewhere....

Post by Spiritdream »

I maintain a forum that uses a lot of mods (18, I believe). I've had no problems with any of them - love the mods and LOVE EasyMod!!! (Many thanks to the author!!!!)

About a month ago, my host's server went down - for a week!!! Second time in three months, lost track of how many times over the last year or so!! So, I backed up everything (or so I thought), found a new host, uploaded/updated/etc, and off we go....lost a few posts because I couldn't get to the old server for an updated backup of the database, but such is life.

Recently found a small error on the site, and went to look at the EasyMod history to see if it was related to a mod before I start messing with editing anything - the history shows NO mods installed, but they are since everything is still working like it did before the crash.

I changed the EM version number, reinstalled EM - now it shows that it's the ONLY mod installed, and I apparently have 18 mods waiting to be installed.
So if I understand this correctly, somehow when I backed up the database and/or the files, I missed a table or directory that contains the info on installed mods - would anyone agree? My question now is - how do I get my installed mods to show in the history without reinstalling them all and then manually editing out any duplications?? Is it even possible??

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Haven't found this problem elsewhere....

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

wont be easy at all. why do you need it? you can't use it to go backwards. all that function will do is restore you to before the last MOD was installed one at a time.

I would suggest , just making a list of all the MODs you installed, where they came from, etc. and put that list in your mods folder in case you need it down the line.

robert

Spiritdream

Post by Spiritdream »

I suppose I could do that, if just for future reference, but then I'm left with all those mods showing as "Not Installed". How do I handle that? My main concern is if/when someone else starts maintaining the site, I wanted it to be as easy as possible for that person to take over with or without my assistance.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Spiritdream wrote:I suppose I could do that, if just for future reference, but then I'm left with all those mods showing as "Not Installed". How do I handle that? My main concern is if/when someone else starts maintaining the site, I wanted it to be as easy as possible for that person to take over with or without my assistance.
If you take them out of the mods folder , then they won't show up.

or, if you rename the .txt or .mod files for each one to .txt_old or something, then they wont' show up anymore.

robert

Spiritdream

Post by Spiritdream »

Thanks, hadn't thought of that.