EM sql fails when adding column 'after' another column..

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
asinshesq

EM sql fails when adding column 'after' another column..

Post by asinshesq »

When you feed easymod a sql that is supposed to alter an existing table by adding a column 'after' an existing column, easymod sometimes chokes and won't process that sql. For example, easymod chokes on the following command (the first command in one of my mods) even though I can run that command fine using a mysql GUI (phpmyadmin or in my case, navicat):

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups
ADD group_notify TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
AFTER group_single_user;
No big deal...I can always stop specifying which column a new column should be added after. But is there any reason it's set up that way? Perhaps dbs other than mysql don't allow you to specify where the column should be added?
Alan

markus_petrux

Re: EM sql fails when adding column 'after' another column..

Post by markus_petrux »

Yes, the AFTER/BEFORE clausules are not supported by all SQL servers.

Please, use the SQL Parser forum for this kind of issues. Thanks ;)