What EasyMOD Move/Write methods do you use?

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
-=ET=-

Re: What EasyMOD Move/Write methods do you use?

Post by -=ET=- »

wGEric wrote: If you want to check, run this function for me and tell me what the output is (either var_dump or var_export should work).

Code: Select all

array (
	'server' => array (
		'allowed' => false,
		'write' => true,
		'write_root' => true,
		'chmod' => false,
		'delete' => false,
		'mkdir' => true,
		'tmp_write' => true,
		'safe_mode' => false
	)
)
:)
Eternal newbie

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

Thank you.
Eric

imrich

Post by imrich »

wGEric wrote: I'm trying to collect some stats on what people use in EasyMOD. If everyone could please vote in these two Polls that would be great.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=315796" target="_blank
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=315793" target="_blank

If you don't have an account at the main site, go ahead and reply here with what you would vote for. Thanks.
I use:

Reading: Server
Writing: buffer & ftp
Moving: automated FTP

This worked perfectly under easymod 0.1.13

I don't know what has changed if anything, but since I've moved to easymod 0.2.1a I get random success installing a mod with easymod now. It could be a change on my server, however my server provider says nothing has changed! ;)

Often the copying of files to the processed directory will not complete. I see incomplete files written there when there is a failure. So it's not a permissions issue as the files are partially written. If it was permissions, the files would never get written in the first place.

To me it seems like easymod will time out on the installation of a mod. It takes a good minute or two to come back and give me a 'could not close' or 'could not write' error.

I try to report issues to my server provider, but they swear that no changes have been made to the server.

Hours or a day or two later when I try again to debug this issue, I find that the problem mysteriously has gone away without me making any changes at all.

I don't know if you're trying to gather information on how things are working or not. But this sure has me stumped so far. I know this isn't a support thread, I just thought I'd report it here since you seemed to be asking about file write and file moving methods.

imrich

Post by imrich »

I found a fix for this FTP problem in the 'bug tracker' section here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20773

But now the bugtracker has been closed (not authorized to view this forum) and the particular bug and fix is not on sourceforge.

Why was the 'bug tracker' section closed? That was a good fix to solve the FTP issue. If it was helping people, why not make it read only at a minimum?

DaneeBoy

Post by DaneeBoy »

I selected the I don't have FTP access option, even though I do have FTP access and am on Linux server my FTP program is a little iffy when it comes to sending CHMOD commands for some reason.

Anyhow has anyone worked with Mambo or Joomala? It has a really simple installer all you have to do is upload a zip archive from your HD via the ACP and you're rolling.

EazyMod is awesome! :mrgreen: I probably wouldn't even bother installing the few mods that I have manually.