[rejected] Link in step three "back to install"

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
chickeneater

[rejected] Link in step three "back to install"

Post by chickeneater »

yeah, a link in step three so if you are mass modding :) then it could be right there instead of all the way to the right and scrolling and stuff.

link to install mods after the password, unless the password store would do that

-=ET=-

Re: Link in step three "back to install"

Post by -=ET=- »

I'm nor sure this is a good idea :roll:

On the contrary I think EM should lock the forum before installing a MOD and in step 3 STRONGLY ask users to test the MOD and their forum before installing any other MOD.

Just my opinion :)
Eternal newbie

chickeneater

Post by chickeneater »

or the setting to go to the forum index.

maybe a setting that would automatically redirect if all is done and completed well, to go to install or forum index.

maybe an option to go to the forum index to make sure they install the mod correctly

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I would really prefer what as been evoked sooner, which would be packaging EM with all the tools and docs in order to install a local test environnement, and facilities to upload while test are over the result to the prod environnement (including ajusting the database to its new structure). That's a solid way to advice, much more than shutting down a service for an unknown time.

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

As Ptirhiik and ET have said, testing installations needs to be emphasized so implementing this idea is not likely. However, I do plan on having the EM password stored as a cookie, and thus you will kind of be getting the quicker method to installing more MODs anyway ;)

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site