IN-LINE FIND, ADD multiline

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nuttzy99

Re: IN-LINE FIND, ADD multiline

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Unfortunately it won't be perfect :( First of all, in Windows you need to use \r\n. Second of all, how will I tell between a \n that needs to appear on the end of an echo statement and a \n that needs to signal that an actual carriage return needs to be inserted?

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Actually, just \n should work on Windows. It's just that windows puts the \r\n itself. For example, if you hit enter and have Windows convert this into a line break, it puts \r\n, but if you have it print \n for a line break, that will work. ;)

LLKwerv

Post by LLKwerv »

Actually, no.

Many times I download Unix text files (just \n) that should look like:

Code: Select all

line1
line2
line3
but with notepad, they come out as:

Code: Select all

line1line2line3
hello

GPHemsley

Post by GPHemsley »

Well, I was just thinking.... You can have certain things that perform certain functions and stuff. I was just thinking /*-MOD MOD*/, but then I realized that that's for code inserted into the file, not for the MOD.... I was gonna suggest /*-MOD NL MOD-*/

Maybe something like [NL]? Or /*NL*/? I don't know... Just throwing things out there.... :?

Also, we have to take into consideration those who don't use EasyMOD. They're not gonna notice that they need new lines for these code pieces. :(