[considering] choose the action to done/not done

Want to share what MODs you've gotten to work with EM? Happy about all the time your're saving? Want to say "thanks"? Here's the place.
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
AlleyKat

Re: [considering] choose the action to done/not done

Post by AlleyKat »

Hehe furthermore, all MOD authors would probably make their MODs subSilver-only if it were possible, just to avoid so many error reports and n00b questions :wink:

MrStormyNights

Post by MrStormyNights »

I agree that all mod authors wish there was only subSilver to deal with.

And an option to exclude other templates wont get me what I am after unless there is also a way to install the mods to a template.

With the OPEN ONLY - I can still apply the mods to all templates and change the code to OPEN Only for the sections that errors and then Modify the mod for those sections so everything is done by easy mod and never again have to be done manually. If it is done the other way, I guess I could have a version of the mod for every style template, that would work too. Either way, I only want to have to fix them up once to apply it to several different forums. I manage 4 different ones right now and making updates is a nightmare.

I am thinking about down the road and future updates. If I have my mod scripts tweaked the way I want them and they release a new version of phpBB, I can apply my mods and be done with it ( fixing anything that causes problems because of the phpBB updates of course)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You missed one point : if in a mod, a template file elsewhere than in subSilver is mentioned, easymod won't modify any other file that the one specified. Idem for language pack. I think that what you are calling "open only". BTW, it is required by the mod team at phpBB to only have in the main mod what is in the vanilia package of phpBB, so subSilver and english. All other things have to be part of another mod (called it extension if you prefer :)).

MrStormyNights

Post by MrStormyNights »

Thats my point.

If I want to modify one section of subBlue, because its different from subSilver, but the other 6 sections to subBlue would be handled by Easymod when it does its normal routine for subSilver, then there should be a way to specify do these sections to all styles and do this section to style x, this section to style y, and this section to style z.

I really don't care how its done, I just want to be able to do templates by themselves and not have it try to do every installed style, because of differences that does not work too well most of the time.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

So just copy the template part of the mod, change the open filename to the specific one of your template, set this all in a mod, and when applying a mod to your board, just uninstall in the acp your template (it will be still present :)), apply the mod, reinstall in the acp the template, and then run your extension for this template :).

Nuttzy99

Post by Nuttzy99 »

I have a different idea in mind for installing language and style specific modifications.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site