missing files, where are they?

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
pendeja

missing files, where are they?

Post by pendeja »

my Mod instal stops and gives me this error

Function Trace: open_files[5]->modio_open[1]

Could not open [includes/usercp_register.php] for reading.
MOD script line #143 :: FAQ :: Report

while i can't find (usercp_register.php) anywhere ... certainly not in the country_flag pack nor in my phpbb installation???

i assume that i need to find that file and drop it in the "include dir"?? (still don't if it supposed to be in the mod dir or the phpbb dir??)

i have installed the category herarchy, could it be the reason why that file desapeared?

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Re: missing files, where are they?

Post by darcie »

Categories Hierarchy drastically changes phpBB2. You'd do better to get MODs for a CH board from the CH support site: http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/

pendeja

Post by pendeja »

i see, i just thought the country flag old as it would have been compliant...

should i worry about the Half mod installed? i haven't seen any problem but there is plenty of flag related files in my phpbb directory now?

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

It would be better in the end to remove the unused files and replace the ones that were changed with ones that were backed up previous to the install attempt.

The MOD isn't compliant, by the way, because of the changes in CH to make a User Control Panel that is quite different from the basic phpBB2 registration and user profile. There is a flag MOD made for CH if you visit the site I linked to.