easymod installing mod problem

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Pilaf

easymod installing mod problem

Post by Pilaf »

Whenever I try to install a mod, I get an error such as this one

Could not open [./mods/CashMod/cm_install_223.txt] for reading.

Could anyone help me?

Pilaf

OnyxEye

Re: easymod installing mod problem

Post by OnyxEye »

Check your file permissions for the .txt file for that mod. It should be set to 644.

tbsonlinev2

Post by tbsonlinev2 »

i am having the same probvlem i have set the files to 664 via my ftp program i am using now i still get the same message but now i alos ge this

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: Stat failed for ./mods/shop_mod/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/t/b/s/tbsonlinev2/htdocs/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1588

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: Stat failed for ./mods/shop_mod/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/t/b/s/tbsonlinev2/htdocs/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1588

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: Stat failed for ./mods/shop_mod/admin (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/t/b/s/tbsonlinev2/htdocs/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1588

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: Stat failed for ./mods/shop_mod/docs (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/t/b/s/tbsonlinev2/htdocs/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1588

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: Stat failed for ./mods/shop_mod/install.txt (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/t/b/s/tbsonlinev2/htdocs/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1588

what does it mean??

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

have you been able to install other MODs with easymod?

if so, then you probably have not uploaded the shop MOD correctly.

the error points to a part of the file that is telling it to look at your MOD directory and figure out whether it is a directory or a file.

make sure that you have your mods directory setup correctly.

admin/mods/whatever the name of your shop mod folder is/whatever the name of your shop mod install file is

Now, if this is the first MOD you have attempted to install, then your problem may be that your free host does not allow scripts to do what easymod is trying to do.

robert

tbsonlinev2

Post by tbsonlinev2 »

i have tried alot of mods and all come up with same thing how will i file the error in the mods folder?

when i installed easymod it said everything was succesful

Lumpy Burgertushie

tbsonlinev2 wrote:i have tried alot of mods and all come up with same thing how will i file the error in the mods folder?

when i installed easymod it said everything was succesful
easymod attempts to open directories on your server and write to files. often on free hosts, they have restricted these types of things being done remotely by scripts, for security purposes.

I would guess that you will simply not be able to get easymod to install any MODs on your server.

You will have to do them manually.

this is not hard. you just need a good text editor and the ability to copy and paste.

even if easymod worked, you would eventually have to do some manual tweaks.

the more MODs you install, the more often easymod will choke and you have to do some manual tweaks.

robert

tbsonlinev2

Post by tbsonlinev2 »

i only really need 2 definate mods the sub forum mod and some sort of points scheme, do u know how to do them manually

Lumpy Burgertushie

yes, but that doesn't help you does it?

:D

it is very simple.
get a good text editor. wordpad will do just fine. but not Word, and not frontpage or dreamweaver etc.

get a good ftp program. filezilla is good and it is free ( google for it )

then, download the MOD, open the .txt or .mod file in your text editor.

read and follow the instructions.

you download the files from the server,
you open them in your text editor ,
you copy and paste according to the instructions.

remember, the instruction [ AFTER, ADD ]
means put it on a new line after the line it told you to find.

etc.

robert

tbsonlinev2

Post by tbsonlinev2 »

okie dokie thanks for your help