Problem with Templates

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
carsonk

Problem with Templates

Post by carsonk »

Any time my EasyMOD tries to edit anything but the SubSilver template, I receive an error that it could not find the text on that template. I get an error similar to the one shown below...

Code: Select all

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/Chrome_ex/overall_footer.tpl] could not find:

Powered by <a href="http://www.phpbb.com/" target="_phpbb" class="copyright">phpBB</a> &copy; 2001, 2005 phpBB Group<br />{TRANSLATION_INFO}</span></div>

MOD script line #1551 :: FAQ :: Report
I just thought I should report this, and yes, I have checked the file and it fits the code exactly. ;)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Problem with Templates

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if it was exactly, then easymod would find it.

when easymod looks for the code it is told to, it must be EXACTLY like the MOD instructions say.

every line break, every space, every comma, etc. etc. are critical.

if there is even one space there or not there, it wont be EXACT, and therefore you will get an error.

You have two choices in this situation, either do the edits to your style manually, or, change the problem code to fit what easymod is looking for and run it again.

Problems in templates other than subSilver are not critical and the MOD install will continue.

You can then do those changes manually if you wish.

robert

carsonk

Post by carsonk »

I suppose I could do it manually, but I thought it would be nice if there was a way to fix it.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

carsonk wrote:I suppose I could do it manually, but I thought it would be nice if there was a way to fix it.
you can fix it. the problem is that if you change the MOD install file to whatever is in your other style, then subSilver will give the error.

;you would need to change the other style file to what subSilver has if you can, otherwise, just let it run and do those few changes manually.

robert