please some one help

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Locked
deansyme
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:00 pm

please some one help

Post by deansyme » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:10 pm

I have been trying to intergrate wordpress with phpbb2..i installed easy mod and get past the first 2 pages of the install for the mod i need but keep getting this error...i have tried everything i can think of -
'Could not open [/] for reading
Please can u point me in right direction
Thanks
Dean

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: please some one help

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:27 pm

deansyme wrote:I have been trying to intergrate wordpress with phpbb2..i installed easy mod and get past the first 2 pages of the install for the mod i need but keep getting this error...i have tried everything i can think of -
'Could not open [/] for reading
Please can u point me in right direction
Thanks
Dean
what does easymod have to do with integrating wordpress with phpbb?

robert

deansyme
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:00 pm

Re: please some one help

Post by deansyme » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:29 pm

cant u use easy mod to install WP-UNITED WordPress - phpBB Integration Mod
0.9.5-beta ??

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: please some one help

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:49 pm

deansyme wrote:cant u use easy mod to install WP-UNITED WordPress - phpBB Integration Mod
0.9.5-beta ??
well, how about that. I did not realize that it was easymod installable, but it is.

Ok, to your problem.

the error you are getting means that you have given easymod some incorrect info somewhere.

Is this the first MOD you have installed with easymod?

on the opeining screen, did you put in the correct path to your server root?

the most common is /public_html/

but yours might be different.

however, it is never just /


robert

deansyme
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:00 pm

Re: please some one help

Post by deansyme » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:13 pm

I have tried all the ones ii think it could be... i'm sure its /public_html/forum as i have wordpress installed into the root and phpbb2 in a directory called forum. i'm not to hot with fpt as i use frontpage extentions most of time.

anyway i'm out of ideas....

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: please some one help

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:59 pm

deansyme wrote:I have tried all the ones ii think it could be... i'm sure its /public_html/forum as i have wordpress installed into the root and phpbb2 in a directory called forum. i'm not to hot with fpt as i use frontpage extentions most of time.

anyway i'm out of ideas....
let me run that MOD and see what happens. I will get back to you.

robert

Lunaped
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 pm

Re: please some one help

Post by Lunaped » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:35 pm

Did you go into your DB and added and altered the SQL lines that were given? I didn't think you could do that with EM and that it needed to be done manually.

Locked