404 error message during instllation of some MODs

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
loggia

404 error message during instllation of some MODs

Post by loggia »

Bonjour.

After an easy installation of EM, I have this 404 error message during instllation of some MODs : "The requested URL /phpBB2/admin/admin_easymod.php was not found on this server."

I already install "Admin_Userlist_206c" using EM without problem. But I got the 404 error trying to install "Zero users. or " User Shield". Here's the path to "admin_easymod.php" on my FTP client (from the root folder of the site):

Here's the config of EM :

All the files on the phpBB folder have 755 permissions. "admin_easymod.php" have 644 permissions. I'm using phpBB v.2 up to date. I suspect some dumb error on my side but connot find it.

Thanks for any help.

loggia

Re: 404 error message during instllation of some MODs

Post by loggia »

I forgot to mention that the 404 error came after a succesful "step 1".

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

loggia wrote:Bonjour.

After an easy installation of EM, I have this 404 error message during instllation of some MODs : "The requested URL /phpBB2/admin/admin_easymod.php was not found on this server."

I already install "Admin_Userlist_206c" using EM without problem. But I got the 404 error trying to install "Zero users. or " User Shield". Here's the path to "admin_easymod.php" on my FTP client (from the root folder of the site):

Here's the config of EM :

All the files on the phpBB folder have 755 permissions. "admin_easymod.php" have 644 permissions. I'm using phpBB v.2 up to date. I suspect some dumb error on my side but connot find it.

Thanks for any help.
first, go to your ftp and correct all your phpbb file permissions.

all phpbb files should be set to 644
all phpbb folders should be set to 755
if you allow uploading of avatars, then the avatars folder should be set to 777

once you have that done.
then you can copy any SQL statements that are in the MOD file and paste them into a text file.

then, remove them from the MOD file and run it again.

if it is successful, then you do the SQL directly on the database using phpmyadmin or similar.

I have seen this problem before, The SQL part is what caused it. I could not figure out why, but removing it from the MOD solved the problem.

robert

loggia

Post by loggia »

Bonjour Robert.

I already find a way to modify the code of the files to achieve what I had in mind with these MODs (Hide User List & Last registrated user). I will keep your advise for the near future as I have another MOD to install quite soon.

Thanks a lot for your time and your attention.