FTP ERROR: login failed

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Link3F

Post by Link3F »

Hello;

My question for today is this: After I login into EM, I try to install one of the mods in the list available, but when I put "Process", I get this:
Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[1]->modio_prep[2]

I know that there are obviously some problems with the password of the FTP, but where do I correct them? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: Never mind, I just needed to go to the settings and provide the password again... thank you though...
Valek

Re: FTP ERROR: login failed

Post by Valek »

I've got this problem, and I did some research on fixes for it, but the fixes haven't worked for me.

One interesting thing I have noticed, though, is that when accessing EM settings, if I "change" the FTP password by retyping it, FTP access is fine. However, if I leave it alone, and save changes, it reports that the credentials are incorrect, though it was able to connect properly.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated.
Valek

Re: FTP ERROR: login failed

Post by Valek »

Any suggestions at all?