Reinstalling Easymod after host upgrade removal

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
circleofatlantis

Reinstalling Easymod after host upgrade removal

Post by circleofatlantis »

I had easymod installed on a forum.

I was forced by my host to upgrade phpBB using their upgrade facility, because they otherwise would not believe I was using the most up to date version. (this follows my site being hacked, and they beleive it was through phpBB, but I dont.)

I find now that the entire mods directory structure has been removed, but phpBB still thinks easymod is installed so it wont reinstall.

I ran the decrease version php that I'd downloaded a long time ago just in case, and it seems to run in the top level of the forum directory, but the easymod install php still thinks its already installed.

Where do I need to run the decrease version php from for it to work ? From the top forum directory ? Admin ? Mods ? Running in the Easymod directory doesnt work.

The download site in the docs doesnt seem to exist anymore so I cant check it out.

If this wont work, how can I get the easymod to install ? Can I edit something to remove the test ? If so, what and where ? I have no experieince with database changes, but I can use notepad to edit a php if I know what to look for. But I'm not experienced with scripting.

Any help is appreciated.
circleofatlantis

Re: Reinstalling Easymod after host upgrade removal

Post by circleofatlantis »

This issue was resolved with help on another forum.

Thanks to those who read it.