You don't have permission to access /phpbb2/admin/admin_easy

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
frank_evans

You don't have permission to access /phpbb2/admin/admin_easy

Post by frank_evans »

I see mention of this problem - yet the posts at least do not give me an answer. I am using phpBB2 v2.0.22 with Easy Mod -Auto Installer beta 0.3.0.

When installing mod Anti-Spam ACP 2.0.8 Anti-Spam_ACP.mod on step 2 (Next) I get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpbb2/admin/admin_easymod.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at http://www.globalmedtek.net Port 80

I have FTPd to the file and looked at and played with the attributes with no success.

The host says it is a configuration problem. They do not believe it is a server problem outside of PHPBB2. I have looked and looked in the forums here and see nothing that directs me to resolve the problem. I am not a pro on the forum issues and need help. I am going in circles and getting no where.

Also in step one their are errors on:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error Detail
Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/phpXP2/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<tr>
<td
</tr>
<tr>
{L_PROFILE_INFO}

MOD script line #571 :: FAQ :: Report

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error Detail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/Athena/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<tr>
<td
</tr>
<tr>
{L_PROFILE_INFO}

MOD script line #571 :: FAQ :: Report
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM NOT USING THESE PROFILES - so I am igbnoring this issue to resolve last.

Seems they have no effect on the major problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELP

frank_evans

Re: You don't have permission to access /phpbb2/admin/admin_easy

Post by frank_evans »

Thanks - really encouraging all the responses. Glad this is not based upon my needfor an income. I think I am getting the idea of what products to stay away from. Or is it you have to be in he clique?

fe