Attachment mod ...

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Atea

Re: Attachment mod ...

Post by Atea »

It works ... IT WORKS!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!! *hyper*

thanks VERY MUCH!!

*still can't believe it ...* xD
+[¨Look at me, you may think you see who I really am, but you’ll never know me. Everyday it’s as if I play a part. Now I see, if I wear a mask I can fool the world, but I cannot fool my heart.¨]+

Atea a.k.a Rea a.k.a Shadow Angel Without Wings ...

Atea

Post by Atea »

T_T

Code: Select all

SQL PROCESSING ERROR:
No SQL alterations will be performed. However, you may skip SQL processing, continue installing the MOD, and deal with the SQL manually

The following error occured:

Error:
Invalid column name " ", statement: 1, table: "phpbb_attachments_config"

SQL:
CREATE TABLE phpbb_attachments_config(  config_name varchar(255) NOT NULL,  config_value varchar(255) NOT NULL,  PRIMARY KEY(config_name))
I was too happy ... x_x
+[¨Look at me, you may think you see who I really am, but you’ll never know me. Everyday it’s as if I play a part. Now I see, if I wear a mask I can fool the world, but I cannot fool my heart.¨]+

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

If you successfully ran the install/install.php earlier, then this isn't important. If the install.php failed, then we need to worry about this. Otherwise, you can ignore this error and complete the MOD install...

Atea

Post by Atea »

I'm going to kill myself ... T_T

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/www/tamayo.100webspace.net/phpBB2/includes/auth.php on line 112

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Could you post a text link to your includes/auth.php file? This shouldn't take too much to fix once we see what is causing this error...

Atea

Post by Atea »

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I don't see anything wrong with this code. The modification is exactly what the MOD author specified. Did you give me the auth.php file from your phpBB includes folder or the one from the MOD's processed folder???

If you gave me the auth.php file from your phpBB includes folder, then you might want to Restore the EM Backups until we can figure out what happened. Since I am about to go to bed, then this will have to wait until later unless you can get the MOD author to help...

Restoring EM Backups

If a MOD that you installed with EM hosed your board or you decide that you just don't want it, simply go into EM History in your ACP MOD Center and click on the Details button next to the MOD entry..

On the bottom of the next page, select Restore Backups and press the Go button. Make sure you DON'T select the Remove Record option or you will be forced to manually rolll back the EM backups that were created for you. I will have to walk you through that if need be...

Next you will see a page to confirm eht operation. You would choose Yes:

MODs can only be uninstalled in reverse order that they were installed: FILO (First In, Last Out). So if you installed a MOD, then several others, then decided to remove the first one, you would have to Restore the backups of the other MODs before you could Restore the backups on the first MOD...

Restoring EM Backups (Manual Instructions)

Download the backups folder that EM created for you in the MOD sub-folder found in admin/mods. Strip the .txt extension from each file in every folder in the backups folder. So the resulting file extensions will be php, tpl, css, and cfg. Upload the files back to their proper locations on your board; i.e.
  • copy backups/admin/*.* to phpBB/admin/*.*
  • copy backups/includes/*.* to phpBB/includes/*.*
  • copy backups/language/lang_english/*.* to phpBB/language/lang_english/*.*
  • copy backups/templates/subSilver/*.* to phpBB/templates/subSilver/*.*
  • copy backups/*.* to phpBB/*.*
Of course if you have alternate templates and language folders, you will need to copy the files for them as well. I'm referring to phpBB as your forum's root folder in the above copy commands. If your root folder has any other name, just substitute phpBB with the name of your forum's root folder name...

Atea

Post by Atea »

It doesn't help ... I can't access my forum ... I need to start from beginning again ... T_T

But I have luck, that I didn't make any categories or sub forums ... So I don't lose much ...

But still ... *starts to cry*

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

If you read through my message above, you would see that I included instructions of how to manually Restore EM's Backups when you are unable to access your ACP and run EM's Restore Backups Utility. There really isn't any need to start over...

You probably should create a Test board where you can install MODs and work out all the bugs. Then if a MOD install goes south, you won't be as stressed about it and your Live community will never be adversely affected by it. Once you work out all problems with a MOD install on your Test board, you could quickly and easily install the MOD on your Live board...

Creating Test phpBB Board

I can give you enough to get started.
  1. The first thing you want to do is download all of your board files and folders to your PC.
  2. Next, create a folder on your server called Test...
  3. Upload all of the board files and folders that you just downloaded to your PC back to your new Test folder...
  4. Create a new Test database
  5. Open the Test config.php file in your favorite editor and modify the dbname, dbuser, and dbpasswd settings to match your new Test Database
  6. Create a database backup of your Live board database from your ACP...
  7. Restore your new database backup back to your new Test database. This will probably take a long time. You will probably need some help with this step unless you are very familiar with phpMyAdmin...
  8. Modify phpbb_config table settings in your Test database that contain a full or partial board path to match the URL path on your new board
Your new Test board should be good to go at this point. My instructions above may take some time to accomplish, but it is worth it to have a Test board available to test install new MODs that you want to install on your Live board...

Atea

Post by Atea »

I'm here again ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I have new forum now, I installed all templates, smilies, mods, etc., that I had on previous forum ... I'll try to install Attachment mod ... now ... once again ...