Attachment mod ...

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Poomerio

Re: Attachment mod ...

Post by Poomerio »

Make sure that the file permissions are correct.
Usually 644.

- Poomie

abhishek1711

Post by abhishek1711 »

hii any step by step procedure guide of installing this mod? am a newbie and cant seem to find any suh manual/document

jefft

Post by jefft »

I'm following all the instructions (using the EM version of install.txt for Attach Mod v2.4.5, with latest phpBB v2, i.e. phpBB v2.0.22). Install of EM seems to work fine. When installing Attach Mod via EM, I reach the second page of the install, (step 2 of 3). That page has six boxes, each of which lists the following six Warnings with a header saying they were "Reported by the SQL Parser:"

Code: Select all

1.  Inconsistent display width specified "INTEGER(20)" in column "max_filesize", statement: 3, table: "phpbb_extension_groups"
   2. Identifier "comment" is a reserved keyword (reference: MySQL), statement: 4, table: "phpbb_extensions"
   3. Identifier "comment" is a reserved keyword (reference: MySQL), statement: 5, table: "phpbb_attachments_desc"
   4. Inconsistent display width specified "INTEGER(20)" in column "filesize", statement: 5, table: "phpbb_attachments_desc"
   5. Column "comment" has been found using 2 different data types in 2 tables: VARCHAR(100) in phpbb_extensions; VARCHAR(255) in phpbb_attachments_desc.
   6. Column "auth_download" has been found using 2 different data types in 2 tables: TINYINT(2) in phpbb_forums; TINYINT(1) in phpbb_auth_access.

After the above warnings is a list of 94 SQL statements that will be executed. The warnings all seemed minor, so I thought everything was ok. But when I clicked on "Complete Installation" button to perform Step 3, the result is always a blank page in the main frame. (Nothing is displayed except the admin navigation menu on the left). Also nothings seems to be installed or modified. When I view the source of the blank page, I see:
<p>Sorry, your browser doesn't seem to support frames</p>
-Eventhough the browsers I tried (both IE 6 and FireFox) do support frames. Monitoring via firefox Livehttp Headers tool, I see that the returned page has code: HTTP/1.x 406 Not Acceptable
Any idea what's going on?

asienkac

Post by asienkac »

Atea wrote:Ok, I may be stupid, but I tried almost everything and I still can't install Attachment Mod with EasyMOD ... Do I need to do any changes in files, before I can install this Mod with EasyMOD?

Oh and one more thing ... What is meaning of folder root in almost every instruction? I thought for lot of time, that it means basic folder of forum [phpBB2, phpBB3], but now I'm not so sure ... :? :?

Please help! *wants to have a complete forum before the new year :mrgreen: :mrgreen: *
:mrgreen: ...nice

Macrosill

Post by Macrosill »

edit: I had to do the mod manually. It works good thus far.

Can I add to the allowable file types for attachments?

edit 2: I found that too.

Thanks,
Brian

Absinthseb

Post by Absinthseb »

Hi there,
I would like to know if this MOD works even though i have the imageshack mod installed..
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=451382

Thanks you..

psychodubmeister

Post by psychodubmeister »

so.. I've got this MOD installed.. only problem is, i can't actually get into any of the admin areas for it, because each option:

Attachments
Control Panel
Management
Quota limits
Shadow attachments
Sync attachments
Extensions
Extension control
Extension group manage
Forbidden extensions
Special categories

says something along the lines of:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function include_attach_lang() in /mywebsiteurl.com/forum/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 52
Fatal error: Call to undefined function include_attach_lang() in /mywebsiteurl.com/forum/admin/admin_extensions.php on line 54

all of which, as the error message says, refer to the line of code that says:

{
// include_once is used within the function
include_attach_lang();
}

How do I fix this please?

streamin

Post by streamin »

hi,i could upload an attachment file when i have posted a message and also preview it but when i have posted and submit it i cant see my attached files in my forum.it hadnt been to attached in my message ..How could i fix this problem ..may be it's about a sql problem or about .tpl file.

cashflownetworks

Post by cashflownetworks »

Hi Everyone,

I have successfully install attachment mod with few error/warnings but now I can't look at my forum index at all. It shows a message that I have to delete all install/ and contrib/ files. Though I have deleted it, it still shows the message.

What should I need to do?

Regards,

Christopher Emmanuel

psychodubmeister

Post by psychodubmeister »

cashflownetworks wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have successfully install attachment mod with few error/warnings but now I can't look at my forum index at all. It shows a message that I have to delete all install/ and contrib/ files. Though I have deleted it, it still shows the message.

What should I need to do?

Regards,

Christopher Emmanuel
Thats a tricky one, since most mods either replace code or insert new code. This seems like a bit of a drastic error. I suggest replacing all the files with your backups and installing it manually. then you will find out what is causing the problem..