EasyMOD altering SQL statements?

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
AcousticJames

EasyMOD altering SQL statements?

Post by AcousticJames »

I have just written a small MOD and I'm trying to get it to install through EasyMOD. For the most part, it works wonderfully, but EasyMOD is messing up one of my SQL statements.

For starters, here is a link to the MOD script: http://www.bootlegdreams.net/phpBB2_tes ... _posts.mod" target="_blank

The SQL statement in question is the first one. It appears as such:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_test_users ADD user_most_recent_value INT(10) DEFAULT 5 NOT NULL;
However, when EasyMOD executes this line, it shows as thus:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_test_test_users ADD user_most_recent_value INTEGER(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 5;;
I've taken a screenshot as well:

Any ideas? Could it be the word "test" that is throwing it off? I do have a live forum, but I'm hesitant to install it on that until I get this bug worked out. Thanks much!

James

EDIT: I think the word "test" may be what's throwing it off. I just installed it on my live board, changing the appropriate table names (removing the word "test"), and the SQL statements executed perfectly. I'm not sure if this should be considered a bug or not, so I'll leave that up to the admins to decide.

Zarath

Re: EasyMOD altering SQL statements?

Post by Zarath »

Try change it to `phpbb_test_users` with the dashes around the name.

I've noticed quite a few problems with EasyMod handling SQL queries though... Especially it warning me about "reserved" keywords even when they're dashed in. (I know, bad form to use them, but old mods... and it shouldn't warn if they're dashed in.)

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Yes, I would consider that a bug in EM, which I hadn't seen before. Try what Zarath suggested and see if that makes any difference...

The warning errors that you sometimes see about the SQL statements using reserved words and such can be ignored. These errors are purely informational and cause no problems when ignored. But if you see the Critical Error where EM says that it cannot perform a SQL statement, that is a problem that should be resolved before completing the MOD install...

AcousticJames

Post by AcousticJames »

Zarath wrote: Try change it to `phpbb_test_users` with the dashes around the name.

I've noticed quite a few problems with EasyMod handling SQL queries though... Especially it warning me about "reserved" keywords even when they're dashed in. (I know, bad form to use them, but old mods... and it shouldn't warn if they're dashed in.)

I will try it with the quotes around the table name when I have the time. My plate is kinda full with school stuff, but I should be able to get to it tonight. I will report back when I have an answer and look into submitting this as a bug.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

James

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

I can definitely relate to having plenty on my plate. It will be interesting to see if the quotes make any difference...

I appreciate Zarath's help on this as well. I might not have thought of suggesting what he suggested...