Shops/More

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nightrider

Re: Shops/More

Post by Nightrider »

There are going to be a lot of happy people around here now that you are upgrading things again. I think probably the Shop MOD has been one of the most popular MODs here in Area 51...

Did you get a chance to correct the version number on the Shop MOD 3.0.2 Update file? It seems like both the install and update files claimed to be for version 3.0.1. I know that you said that you fixed the install file version, but I don't know if you had the chance to fix the Update file too. I bet a lot of people will be wanting to update from 2.6.0 and the version number in the update might prove confusing to them if it still says 3.0.1...

Princessgodess05

Post by Princessgodess05 »

i am getting this
Fatal Error retrieving shop list!
I love you!

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Is that the entire error message? Which version of the Shop MOD have you installed? Where are you seeing this error???

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

I did update the version in the update mod file...

The shop list error could be caused by either your shop tables not being installed correctly or your edits to your constants.php file not being added correctly. Check both of these. :)

Just a note: a couple of people have been having trouble with inventory lists... This is being caused by them having a (very) old version of MySQL, 3.x to be precise. This version unfortunately doesn't support UNIONs, so it's erroring. I'm working on a "fixed" file for them currently.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Zarath wrote: Just a note: a couple of people have been having trouble with inventory lists... This is being caused by them having a (very) old version of MySQL, 3.x to be precise. This version unfortunately doesn't support UNIONs, so it's erroring. I'm working on a "fixed" file for them currently.

Ok, I haven't heard anyone complain about that yet, so hopefully it is a very limited problem. Hopefully I will remember this if the problem ever arises here. Better yet, it would be nice if you can come up with a workaround to the problem before anyone brings this to my attention...

I found a flaw in Shop MOD 2.6.0 that may or may not be affecting you with version 3.0.2. I'm sure this is caused because phpBB has evolved. It seems to be affecting a lot of other MODs too. This flaw places some of the viewtopic.php code in the ANONYMOUS user section rather than the registered members variable assignments. This is how to fix it in order to move the EM file pointer to the correct location in the viewtopic.php file:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
      'DELETE' => $delpost, 
# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
      'DELETE' => $delpost, 
#      
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
      'ITEMSNAME' => $usernameurl,
      'ITEMS' => $user_items,
Hopefully this isn't a problem in the 3.0.2 version too...

Princessgodess05

Shop 3.0.2 Cash Mod this one!

General server information:

Operating system Linux

Kernel version 2.6.17-11_1.BHsmp

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

PERL version 5.8.7

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.20-standard-log

cPanel Build 10.8.2-RELEASE 119

cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC36)

Please HELP! :x
I love you!

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Your screenshot isn't displaying for me. You might want to try http://www.imageshack.us/" target="_blank ..

Edit: Your screenshot finally displayed. Perhaps your error is one that Zarath might be able to answer since it is not an install problem...

Zarath

Post by Zarath »

Check your edit to constants.php file... Make sure the tables have installed correctly. :)

Is an install problem actually. :P

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Princessgodess05, did you manually install this or did you use EM? Did you do the DB updates as Zarath suggested???

Would you provide a text link to your constants.php file???

Princessgodess05

Yes i did install the EASYMOD :x !

~? Image

~Yes, and i can't uninstall a report button MOD?

ETA: What is constants.php?
I love you!