phpgarage mod

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Nightrider

Re: phpgarage mod

Post by Nightrider »

That probably won't return what is expected. You might try this instead...

OPEN
Install Garage.txt

FIND

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
      LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_TABLE ." AS g on g.member_id = p.poster_id and g.main_vehicle = 1
                LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MAKES_TABLE . " AS makes ON g.make_id = makes.id
                LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MODELS_TABLE . " AS models ON g.model_id = models.id
REPLACE WITH

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
		LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_TABLE ." AS g ON p.poster_id=g.member_id AND g.main_vehicle = 1
                LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MAKES_TABLE . " AS makes ON g.make_id = makes.id
                LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MODELS_TABLE . " AS models ON g.model_id = models.id
Save, upload, and try again using EM...

Goucho

Post by Goucho »

well this is wierd.....when it failed i put the files back up overwriting those changed. All ok....... just gone in to admin cp to have another go with the info u posted last but found that all the garage controls are still in the admin panel? I looked in EM and even tho the garage mod is there it doesnt show up in EM. So i tried the buttons for the garage and they come back with this............

General Error 
Could not query Garage config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'web27-ssc-subaru.GARAGE_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT config_name, config_value FROM GARAGE_CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 32
File : functions_garage.php 

I cant tell u if somebody else tried to install it but there are no navigation buttons or problems my last install had.

I bet just uploading the files to the forum folder isnt the right way to restore lmao??

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Restoring the backups removes the added code from your phpbb Files. But many MODs also upload new files to your board, including to the admin folder. So to get the Garage MOD entries out of the ACP, you need to remove the new Garage MOD files that were uploaded to your admin folder. Even if you use the EM Restore Backups utility, EM won't delete any files or undo changes in your database. That typically isn't a problem though...