Permission denied?!

Wondering why that MOD you have won't install correctly? Let's take a look
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Locked
AaronOwnsYou
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:44 am

Permission denied?!

Post by AaronOwnsYou »

I can't install any *beep* with EasyMOD!

Code: Select all

Warning&#58 opendir(./mods/change forum banner)&#58 failed to open dir&#58 Permission denied in /home/aaron/public_html/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1090

Warning&#58 readdir()&#58 supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/aaron/public_html/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1092
Darkmonkey
Registered User
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by Darkmonkey »

AaronOwnsYou wrote: I can't install any *beep* with EasyMOD!

Code: Select all

Warning&#58 opendir(./mods/change forum banner)&#58 failed to open dir&#58 Permission denied in /home/aaron/public_html/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1090

Warning&#58 readdir()&#58 supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/aaron/public_html/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1092
I'd say you have to make sure the directories are chmod'd correctly.
...they're watching you...
AaronOwnsYou
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:44 am

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by AaronOwnsYou »

darkmonkey wrote:
AaronOwnsYou wrote: I can't install any *beep* with EasyMOD!

Code: Select all

Warning&#58 opendir(./mods/change forum banner)&#58 failed to open dir&#58 Permission denied in /home/aaron/public_html/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1090

Warning&#58 readdir()&#58 supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/aaron/public_html/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1092
I'd say you have to make sure the directories are chmod'd correctly.
Can't use 744?
Darkmonkey
Registered User
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by Darkmonkey »

AaronOwnsYou wrote:
darkmonkey wrote:
AaronOwnsYou wrote: I can't install any *beep* with EasyMOD!

Code: Select all

Warning&#58 opendir(./mods/change forum banner)&#58 failed to open dir&#58 Permission denied in /home/aaron/public_html/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1090

Warning&#58 readdir()&#58 supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/aaron/public_html/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 1092
I'd say you have to make sure the directories are chmod'd correctly.
Can't use 744?
I'm not sure. Try 777, if not, try renaming the directory to have no spaces.
...they're watching you...
AaronOwnsYou
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:44 am

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by AaronOwnsYou »

I can't prevent intrusion with 777 and what renaming helps?
Darkmonkey
Registered User
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by Darkmonkey »

AaronOwnsYou wrote: I can't prevent intrusion with 777 and what renaming helps?
Rename the Mod directory from "change forum banner" to "change_forum_banner" or something (and make sure there are no spaces in the install filename either), because I think I seen somewhere, EasyMOD has problem with spaces in the path, or install file.

P.S Theres a good chance, I've went off on one :P
...they're watching you...
AaronOwnsYou
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:44 am

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by AaronOwnsYou »

darkmonkey wrote:
AaronOwnsYou wrote: I can't prevent intrusion with 777 and what renaming helps?
Rename the Mod directory from "change forum banner" to "change_forum_banner" or something (and make sure there are no spaces in the install filename either), because I think I seen somewhere, EasyMOD has problem with spaces in the path, or install file.

P.S Theres a good chance, I've went off on one :P
Okay, thanks!
wGEric
Registered User
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:07 am
Contact:

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by wGEric »

You shouldn't have to chmod any files in order to make EasyMOD work.
Eric
barbosul
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by barbosul »

Hi everyone,

I've just got EasyMOD v.0.1.13 installed on my Forum.
Everything went ok, but when I wanted to "install" aka process the unprocessed (supplied) Country Flags MOD, I went into trouble. Here it is:

Step 1 - Processing completed successfully!
Next Step >>

You don't have permission to access /phpBB/admin/admin_easymod.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I guess it's just a matter of file access 'chmod' issue so I looked up with my ftp client to this file: admin_easymod.php and this is what I saw: 644 :?:
ChristopherA
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:11 am

Re: Permission denied?!

Post by ChristopherA »

Oh man, me too. Everytime I use easymod I have to hunt down files and change the permissions.

I just updated phpbb to 2.0.13. When I did that, I also chmod'd all directories to 755 and files to 744, which is what I was told to do in another forum.

Still I get errors and permissions denied when using easymod.

Also, when I go to easy mod now, ALL of the mods I have installed are placed under:

"These MODs appear in your MODs directory and have not been processed for your current version of phpBB"

Do I need to reinstall all the mods after upgrading from 2.0.11 to 2.0.13, or is the 'unprocessed mods' an error due to the permissions I am using?

Thanks to all who can provide any help!
Locked